fifteen | the benders

With her arms crossed over her chest, Mrs

With her arms crossed over her chest, Mrs. McKay said, "I know you're just doing your job, but the police have been here all week already. I don't see why we have to go through this again. The more he tells the story, the more he believes it's true."

While the three Winchester siblings removed their hats, Sam said to her, "Mrs. McKay... we know you spoke with the local authorities."

Then Dean told her, "But, uh, this seems like a matter for the state police. So..."

Then Sam said to the boy, "Don't worry about how crazy it sounds, Evan. You just tell us what you saw."

With a sigh, Evan told them, "I was up late... watching TV... when I heard this... weird noise."

Sam asked him, "What did it sound like?"

Evan replied, "It sounded like... a monster."

While the three siblings shared a look with each other, Mrs. McKay said to Evan, "Tell the officers what you were watching on TV."

Evan told them, "Um... 'Godzilla vs. Mothra'."

While Katherine resisted the urge to start laughing at that exact moment, Dean said with a chuckle, "That's my favorite Godzilla movie. It's so much better than the original, huh?"

Evan replied, "Totally."

Dean said to him, "Yeah." Then he gestured towards Sam as he said to Evan, "He likes the remake."

In turn, Evan said, "Yuck!"

While Katherine closed her eyes in an attempt to keep herself from actually laughing at the interaction between Dean and Evan, Sam gave Dean a pointed look as he cleared his throat.

After both brothers looked back at the mother and son, Sam asked, "Evan, did you see what this thing was?"

With a shake of his head, Evan replied, "No. But I saw it grab Mr. Jenkins. It pulled him underneath the car."

Sam asked him, "Then what?"

Evan told him, "It took him away. I heard the monster leaving. It made this really scary sound."

With furrowed eyebrows, Sam asked him, "What did it sound like, Evan?""

With a shake of his head, Evan said, "This... whining growl."

After the three siblings shared a look with each other yet again, Sam said to them, "Thanks for your time."

* * *

Sam told Dean, "So, the local police have now ruled out foul play. Apparently there were signs of a struggle."

Dean replied, "You know, they could be right— could just be a kidnapping. Maybe this isn't our kind of gig."