Chapter Thirteen | Something New

Dropping Karter off at his apartment was a bit of a problem. The boy was not the easiest person to wake up. Ryan thought he was in almost a state of hibernation when he tried to pull Karter out of his bed.

If he didn't wake up soon Ryan wouldn't have much time to drive him back to his own apartment. He was already cutting his time short this morning.

"Five more minutes," Karter groaned.

"You said that ten minutes ago," Ryan tugged him up again.

This time he actually opened his eyes and looked around. Karter looked confused once he actually woke up it was like he panicked as he pulled the comforter around him.

"Like I haven't seen you naked," Ryan rolled his eyes at the boy as he handed Karter his clothes back. Ryan just hoped he found them all.

"You know I am a classy bitch, excuse me for being modest," he grumbled slowly getting dressed.

"Ah, yes very modest, is that before or after you undressed and-"

Karter covered Ryan's mouth to silence him. "Shh, no one talks about Bitch K like that." He did his best not to laugh, but it didn't seem to last long for a grin to be shown on Bitch K's face.

"Okay Bitch K, let's go. You're making me late," Ryan stated before he left the room.

He checked the time to make sure he could be back before seven. Grabbing his keys he pulled Karter along with him down to the garage and to the direction of his go-to car.

The drive to Karter's apartment was fairly silent, at least for the two minutes that Karter fell back to sleep. For the rest of the car ride, he turned up the volume to the radio and hummed along with the mix of rock songs and pop songs. Ryan thought it was too early for such loud music, but he didn't say anything.

They came to a stop out front of Karter's apartment and once he finished the last verse of the song he was singing he leaned over and kissed Ryan. "Thanks," he smiled before getting out of the car and running into his apartment.

Ryan wasn't quite sure of the odd feeling that washed over him. He was far from the guy who had long-lasting subs. He would either get sick of them or they would turn to someone else when he didn't give them the attention they wanted.

Some part of him hoped it wouldn't be like that with Karter. He knew it was bad when he started to think like Carmon in terms of thinking a relationship could last and be something more than hookups.

When Ryan arrived back at his apartment building garage he got out of his car to see an emerald haired girl walking out of the elevator. She lugged along two suitcases and was not looking so happy.

Ember was moving into the dorms today and Ryan knew she was not looking forward to such a change into her routine. At the same time though he couldn't help but be proud of her for pushing past her fears anyway.

"Wait up!" Ryan yelled, jogging over to her.

'Not when you're taking forever.' She turned, signing to him.

"I was not, I just lost track of time this morning and had to go somewhere." He took one of her bags and walked beside her as they picked a car.

'Sure.' She smirked at him knowing when he was hiding something, she did in fact have the same inability of not hiding something from the people she was close to as well. 'But with who?' She added.

It was somewhat freaky how much the two were alike at times. He knew they spent a lot of time together, but she had started developing traits from Carmon now too. Okay not that bad, but still. Ryan knew the topic was not going to be something he could just brush off.