Chapter Sixteen | Adult Store

By the time Ryan arrived at work, Carmon was rushing around with her signature: why do I even work here expression. Before Ryan had a chance to ask her what was wrong she spoke.

"Where the hell have you been? I've been calling you-anyway, doesn't matter-the shipment was sent over this morning. Luckily, Em was here this morning or you would have been fucked up the ass," Carmon greeted warmly.

The Latina woman was taking inventory from the looks of things. Usually, something she did before the store opened. The pen marks in her notes showed her frustration, quite clearly.

"I was having breakfast and left my phone in the car. I didn't think about it because I knew Em was going to be here this morning to finish up the weekly expenses," Ryan spoke.

After he explained himself Carmon looked him up and down as if he weren't three times bigger than her as she frowned. "Fine, but you not telling me the goods on the skater boy, really pisses me off."

Carmon sighed as she walked over to her desk. "Also you have an email about the Mina line."

Ryan walked over taking a look at the email Carmon pulled up on her tablet. With her stylus she circled part of the text, making it easier to read.

"They are delaying the shipment because of the transporting issues. I tried talking to them, but as you can assume I'm not the one they wanted to talk to. From the sounds of it, it's not the designer's end, but rather the incompetent assholes they so desperately wanted to ship their products," Carmon explained.

"It's not surprising, they gave us problems last time. I'll call around and see what I can do. Just send it to my computer then finish inventory," Ryan commented.

He walked off to his office trying to prepare for the calls he'd have to make. The fact one of the brands were delayed might not have seemed like such a big deal, but when the brand was worth over a million American dollars and supposedly would have no problems getting there. It was a bit of an inconvenience.

"These should be fun calls to make," Ryan grumbled.

He took a seat and started fishing through what he could about the shipping company and all the people they worked with before he started making the calls.

Δ Δ Δ

Ryan wasn't sure how long it had been but Carmon was busting into his office with a determined look on her face. Ryan finished the document he was working on before looking up to her.

"Get your shit. You and I are going out for dinner and I don't want to hear no," she cheered.

From the look on her face, Ryan decided it would be in his best interest to just agree and go along with it. He looked at the time on his computer and it was somehow six in the evening. Ryan had barely gotten anywhere with work and yet the day seemed to be ending.

"Fine okay, but no food trucks," he stated before putting his suit jacket back on and grabbing his phone.

"But the hot dogs in New York are fucking delicious!"

"Yes, I know they are great. Just not for me," Ryan corrected.

With a mini-rant about how the food carts/trucks were the best things about living in New York, they were finally driving to the restaurant.

"Turn there dumbass!" Ryan shouted before Carmon passed the place yet again. Normally he wouldn't have gotten into a car with her behind the wheel, however, it was either get run over by her or get into the vehicle.

She quickly cut off a taxi and turned into the parking space.

"You know when you drive I somehow always see the same bright light in my near future," he stated before getting out of the car.