Chapter Seventeen | Pizza Study Session

There was nothing like waking up to a roommate throwing clothes at you and yelling: "Get the hell out of bed!" at seven in the morning.

Karter wasn't very happy to be out of bed let alone outside when it was sunny.

Flynn was walking to his left, talking about something Karter had been tuning out since the freckled boy started talking. He would only hear a few words before he'd think about something else.

Like the fact, everyone was much more awake than he was, or how Flynn was in a much sunnier mood today than most.

"But I don't think that's true, lavender smells much better-"

Karter couldn't help but cut him off. It would have been awkward to respond to his cousin considering he didn't know what lavender had to do with anything he was talking about five minutes ago.

"Why are you so fucking happy at this hour? Karter blurted out.

Flynn rolled his eyes and continued walking along the sidewalk. The campus almost reminded Karter of something he'd see in a movie-just with less psycho characters and possibly a Slenderman look-alike walking around at night.

"I can't just be happy? You know I don't like focusing on the negative things so how is that any more unusual than normal?" Flynn asked.

Karter eyed him.

He knew Flynn was a very happy person whether he faked it until it was real or not. However, this was different, and the way he talked slightly quicker, with more energy and emotion. It gave Karter the answers he needed.

"So, who's the lucky love interest?" Karter grinned.

As he sighed, Karter watched the pattern of his feet stepping on the concrete beneath them. Just as Karter was about to ask again Flynn spoke.

"It's nothing, but-" he paused. Karter knew he didn't want to talk about it but he figured why not push just a little, if Flynn knew about part of his love life then he wanted to know bits about Flynn's.

"Her name is Lisa and she's just in a few of my classes," Flynn muttered.

Karter grinned, Flynn had a slight smile at the thought of the girl. Karter knew his cousin had an even worse track record with relationships than he did.

Flynn never really dated anyone before, except in high school and that was only to make him seem 'normal' nothing more. Flynn wasn't attracted to people unless he got to know them for a while and even then he wasn't okay with touchy relationships, hence why a lot of them failed for him.

Karter had a running bet with himself that Flynn was something along the lines of being asexual or aromantic-though his cousin never mentioned anything on the topic.

"Aw, my cuz' got a little crush~" Karter sang. Flynn knew his cousin wasn't going to let go of him without saying something to embarrass him just a little bit. Which wasn't ever difficult.

"Okay, okay, you've had your fun. Now can you shut up?" Flynn muttered, pushing past Karter and walking inside the building.

Coffee Café was a small coffee shop on campus, the whole building inside and out looked as if it were blessed by a cozy god or goddess.

Karter remembered vaguely what Flynn had said the night before about wanting to wish Holland a good day at work. It was her first week-possibly the second week at her new job. She seemed to like it even if she had to make coffee all day. Something she and Karter fully agreed on was that coffee wasn't the best.

They got in line and Karter read the sign above the counter. The menu was just as aesthetically pleasing as the rest of the café with the swirly yet readable font.