23 | The Hog's Head

♫ softcore

- the neighbourhood

"Are we too young for this?"

George and Harry didn't stay in the Shrieking Shack much longer after the decision to go through with the army. Priscilla and Fred still had to work out their differences a bit. 

They didn't bother bickering. Priscilla was too exhausted to argue with Fred, and he felt the same. They sat in silence on the bed, staring up at the ceiling, trying to think of what to say first. They turned to each other, exchanged a glance, and almost as if they had the same idea at the exact same time, they began to kiss. The kisses were deep and hungry as they frantically peeled each other's clothes off. They spent the night together like that, whispering apologies and promises to each other.

It wasn't the healthiest way to make up after a spat, but it worked for them.

The next morning when Priscilla made it back to her dorm, Delphine was sitting on her bed, reading Hogwarts: A History. Vader was in a corner on the far end of the room, perched on top of Cilla's desk, staring at Cilla's new roommate coldly. Delphine asked where Cilla had been and tried to make pleasantries, even asking if everything was alright, but Cilla threw her head on her pillow in exhaustion and didn't wake up again until dinner time.

At dinner that night, she sat at the Gryffindor table. Hermione outlined the recruitment plan for the army, and how a meeting would take place during the next trip to Hogsmede at the Hog's Head. It was her, Harry, and Cilla's responsibility to get the word out to anyone who would be interested in joining. While Hermione was talking, Priscilla had her eyes trained on Delphine and Theo, whispering and giggling to each other at the Slytherin table.

Cilla spent the next week recruiting the seventh years and staying out of Umbridge's way. Angelina was an easy yes, she asked all week in Charms class about the kind of spells and defensive tactics they'd learn. The twins convinced Lee quickly too, so between the four of them they were able to convince the rest of their friends in their year as well.

Nitara was being difficult, as expected.

"I don't want to get in trouble, I need a spotless record this year for the internship-"

"You gotta live a little, Dayal," George insisted as he paced beside her in the halls in between classes. "We need to learn these things to protect ourselves and your best friend is co-leading the whole operation!"

Nitara groaned. "My best friend is doing a lot of things these days."

"Including my brother?" George replied, wiggling his eyebrows.