26 | Slytherin vs Gryffindor

♫ american idiot

- green day

"Information age of hysteria
It's calling out to idiot America."

It soon began time for the first quidditch match of the season, and of course, with Cilla's luck, it was against her boyfriend and some of her closest friends. She changed alone on the far end of the room while the Gryffindor girls got ready opposite from her. Priscilla was the only one in green, and she was suddenly very aware of it. She ignored the side-eye they gave her, it wasn't anything she hadn't experienced before. Girls are brutal.

Eventually, just before the match was set to begin, Angelina came up to change her mind about that. She stuck her arm out for a shake. "Good luck today, Priscilla! Don't lose too hard, yeah?" she said playfully.

Cilla smiled up at her friend and gave her hand a shake. "Just try not to cry, Angie," she joked back.

Then she was off to meet the boys on the other end of the pitch for their entrance, strapping on her leather gloves on the way. When she finally met up with them and got into formation, it was almost time to set off.

"Took you long enough Roberts, too busy playing with your hair?" Draco quipped.

She scoffed. "We both know you take longer on your hair, receding hairline and all, Malfoy," she shot back. Adrian couldn't help a loud cackle behind her. 

Montague turned around to face the team, but look specifically at Cilla. "Don't take it easy on your boyfriend there, alright Roberts? We're playing to win-"

"What boyfriend?" she interrupted with a quirk of an eyebrow, resulting in a smirk from her Captian.

It was all leading up to this. Finally, she could play quidditch as she had always hoped she would be able to. She had to prove herself to her house. She had to win.

She could see the Gryffindor team on the other side of the pitch, secluded from the crowd's view like they were. Angelina was giving everyone a team talk and held a parchment in her hand. Her team kept looking over in their direction, clearly sizing up their competition.

Slytherin, on the other hand, were still as statues in two perfect lines, staring holes into the opposite team. Montague had trained them hard and efficiently, they didn't need to go over any parchment now.