12 | Quidditch Tryouts

song 2

- blur

"when I feel heavy metal
(Woo-hoo) and I'm pins and I'm needles
(Woo-hoo) well, I lie and I'm easy -"

She overslept again. Maybe it was a first day of school tradition, but this time was even worse. Flint scheduled the quidditch pitch before the first day of classes to set the team and start practices as soon as possible, so it was five-thirty in the morning when Priscilla squealed and bolted out of the twins and Lee's room to a lot of complaining.

Priscilla sprinted down the stairs and out of the common room, the Fat Lady protesting as well as she did so. Luckily it was too early in the morning for anyone to be downstairs, otherwise, she would've gotten in deep trouble. 

It felt like her lungs were going to give out by the time she finally made it to the dungeons. When she got inside the Slytherin common room, she got major deja vu.

Delphine was sitting in the corner by the window, looking out onto the lake. When she heard Priscilla come in, she whipped her head around in surprise. "You're going to be late! The boys have already left!" she exclaimed.

"You-You're coming?" Priscilla managed to huff out as she heaved.

Delphine quirked an eyebrow and walked over to her with a duffel bag. "Nitara sent an owl last night. She asked me to make sure you'd wake up in time and pack this," she explained.

Priscilla looked in the bag and saw her workout clothes and smiled. Leave it to Nitara to think of everything. "Thanks, Delphine. I appreciate it."

"Anything for a friend of my cousin. Let's go!" Delphine said. She grabbed Cilla's hand and hauled her back out into the hallway.

A friend of Delphine's cousin.

Priscilla was going to worry about Cedric for the rest of the day because of that comment.

When Priscilla walked onto the quidditch pitch in her black sports bra and leggings, she was already regretting the deal she made with Slytherin house, and it was clear so did everyone else. The alcohol had now subsided and the reality of the situation had settled in: Priscilla had no idea what the fuck she was doing and the team wished they never agreed to let her try out in the first place.