28 | Wicked

♫ the kids aren't alright

- the offspring

"Chances thrown
Nothing's free
Longing for (what), used to be..."

"We are Wicked! One, two, three, four!"

Lee started playing the intro on his electric guitar. He shook his head as he played, his long braids dancing in the air as he did.

Then Fred followed with the drums behind them, head banging along to the first few beats. His ginger hair was drenched in sweat and his toned arms navigated the kit expertly as he played. Cilla couldn't stop looking at him like this. They were going to the Shrieking Shack tonight, for sure.

George started ripping the bass guitar not long after, adding to the beat. His fingers danced on the instrument expertly as he played, his arm veins flexing as he did so. His hair was unkempt and cascaded in front of his eyes as he played. He couldn't help himself, he looked out into the crowd to see if Nitara was watching. She was - as Cho was kissing down her neck.

Cilla grabbed the mic and began to sing into it. "When we were young the future was so bright-"

"Woah-oh!" the crowd cheered.

"The old neighborhood was so alive-"

"Woah-oh!" the band sang behind her.

"And every kid on the whole damn street-"

"Woah-oh!"

"Was gonna make it big and not be beat..."

The Room of Requirement was filled with Dumbledore's Army members rocking out without a care. They all needed it, George was right. The stress of the reality of their situation - sneaking around behind Umbridge's back, even the sudden loss of the quidditch match even though Harry caught the snitch - had weighed on them more than they knew. 

The room provided them with a stage set up with all of their usual instruments, so as they performed Cilla could look down and see everyone. Fred and George had charmed the walls to shine multicolored lights around the room and a spotlight for each of the four band members on stage.

In the corner, Hermione was rocking out with Ginny, spilling gin out of its bottle as she jumped up and down. Nitara and Cho were making out against the wall next to all of Cho's Ravenclaw friends, Marietta included. Marietta kept looking back at the couple and gossiping with her friends. Harry watched from a distance where he stood with the Gryffindor boys, sipping his drink passively. Cassius and Adrian were shirtless as usual starting a mosh pit in the middle of the dance floor. Delphine and Theo were laughing in the middle of it, casting flirtatious glances at each other and stealing kisses while Luna danced with them obliviously, swaying to the music. Angelina was right at the front with Alicia and Katie, watching Lee as he smiled and winked down at her.