30 | Expecto Patronum

fairies (orchestra edition)

- peter nalitch

"Hey, Cilla, hey!" Nitara called from across the Great Hall. Nini had sat there for all of breakfast waiting for her friend to show up and was now darting across the hall to catch her before she left for class.

Cilla turned around, grabbed a muffin off a nearby tray, and stuffed it in her mouth. She waved at Nini and yelled something incomprehensible before making a quick exit door. Nitara couldn't have kept up with her if she tried, she was already sprinting around the corner, the sound of her combat boots quieting as she made her way down the corridor.

Cilla was on edge about her vision. She avoided Cho, Harry, and Nitara for an entire week, opting to hang out with Angelina and Lee or Cass and Adrian instead. She had no idea how to go about the situation, it was something she had never dealt with before; her visions never interfered with her day-to-day life before.

"Are you sure you don't want to tell her?" Fred asked later that day at lunch.

"How can you tell your best friend that her girlfriend is going to cheat on her before she even does it? She either won't believe me or she'll kill me for even suggesting it," Cilla groaned. She banged her head against the wooden table dramatically, causing students nearby to turn and stare. 

Lee shrugged as if it wasn't a huge issue as he ate an apple, his other hand holding Angelina's. "Try to change it then."

"What?"

"Try to change it," he suggested. "Give Cho no reason to cheat on Nini."

"Lee!" Cilla shouted with glee. She leaped out of her seat and ran around the table, holding his face in her hands and squeezing his cheeks together. Little pieces of apple popped out of his mouth and dribbled down his chin, making Angelina laugh. "You're a genius!"

"You sure about that? He forgot what an orange was yesterday," Angelina replied, still laughing.

"I WAS CONFUSED, BABES, IF IT WAS AN ORANGE OR A TANGERINE!"

"Well in case you were wondering, that's an apple," she pointed out between laughs.

Cilla skipped all her afternoon classes that day to put together an unforgettable date for her friends. She was hellbent on creating the perfect atmosphere. Trelawney wasn't teaching any classes that afternoon so her classroom was ripe for the taking.gy