13 | First Day of School

 stuck with me

- the neighbourhood

"Realised I'm less important

Than I thought I'd be

I'm not tellin' you for any certain reason but..."

The boys of the Slytherin team were clapping Cilla on the back on the way to the locker rooms, showering her with praise for her last-minute maneuver on her broom to dodge Draco. She had definitely proven herself worthy to be on the team, making them all eat their words for ever doubting her. Draco and Goyle hung back, muttering insults and frustration as Crabbe staggered behind them clutching his head from his nasty fall.

The praise was nice, of course, Cilla felt pretty good about herself and even a little thankful for Delphine's idea. Now when she walked into the Slytherin common room, fewer people will see her as a traitor to her house but as a member of the quidditch team... at least she hoped.

But at the back of her mind, Cilla still knew she was a fraud and lied to get to where she was now. Although she was overjoyed to finally make it onto a quidditch team, she had cheated to get there by lying about her quidditch resume and by using her paradoxical powers.

Nitara, who was waiting for her inside the girls' locker room, was thinking the exact same thing. Her arms were crossed in front of her chest and her lips were pressed into a thin line with disappointment. Ever the mother of the friend group, she was prepared to give Cilla quite the lecture.

Priscilla sighed at her best friend. "I know-"

"You know that you could get sent to Azkaban if you're caught?!"

"Nini," Priscilla hissed in warning, looking around for any eavesdroppers.

Nitara rolled her eyes and grabbed Priscilla by the sleeve of her new green quidditch jersey, Fred's red one was still hanging around her waist, and sat her down on the bench. "Don't worry, Cho's got Delphine off somewhere with Theo."

Priscilla nodded. "Look, I appreciate the concern, but I'll be fine."

"I know you didn't play for Ilvermorny, you're a right shit liar. The boys may believe it but I don't," Nitara continued. "You can't use your powers to get ahead in a sport that you barely know how to play!"

"I know how to play!" Priscilla countered. She stood up from the bench and turned around, laughing a bit hysterically as she defended herself. "I've played with the Weasleys and I'm really good. I've practiced quidditch for a long time, I know it like the back of my hand -"