6 | Trials and Tribulations

this house is a circus

- arctic monkeys

"now that we're here, we may as well go too far..."

Fred held Priscilla close as they followed Arthur and Harry through the busy crowd at the British Ministry of Magic. Witches and Wizards of all different shapes, sizes, and presentation bustled around the large room, surrounded by windows of offices and busy people at work. A large banner of Fudge with the Ministry logo gazed down at the crowd, poised with a false sense of dignity only a politician could pull off.

"New Daily Prophet! Diggory, Roberts, and Potter, the Trinity of Lies at Hogwarts!" a newsstand boy called out at the corner. As they walked by, Cilla gave him the bird while Arthur wasn't looking.

"You'd think they'd be a little more creative, bloody hell. That headline was awful," Fred said aloud, not caring if anyone heard.

They raced through the crowd on the way down to the basement for Harry and Priscilla's trials, which would take place one directly after the other. For whatever reason, the Ministry moved the time of their hearings up by three hours, making them all very late already. It wasn't Mr. Weasley's fault he was entranced by the London Tube.

As they rushed past the large - and awfully gaudy - Fountain of Magical Brethren, Harry looked over his shoulder at Priscilla. "Oy, if I don't get expelled and you don't get sent to Azkaban, I'll put in ten galleons," he joked.

"I'll bloody put in twenty," Fred replied back, making Priscilla laugh and squeeze his hand with affection.

Priscilla wasn't anxious at all about her hearing knowing Fred would be at her side. They've never been out in public together like this before, other than at school. It was funny to watch him glare at any wizard getting close to Cilla or looking her way. He was so protective.

They crowded in the elevator with a dozen other wizards, and Kingsley popped inside as well. Kingsley and Arthur began talking loudly about the ravenous murderer Sirius Black to publicly hide their tracks. Harry, big surprise, was in his head about what could possibly happen next at his hearing.

Fred had something very different in mind. He slipped his hand down Priscilla's waist at the back of the elevator where no one could see, getting dangerously lower.

"Fred," Priscilla whispered with a chuckle, but he just leaned in and kissed her cheek. He nibbled at her ear a bit, making Cilla jump. Ever since they were reunited, he couldn't keep his hands off of her.