Meet in the Middle: Clark Kent

Thanks to Yeet_369 for this idea. I was listening to some music and thought that this was perfect for these two.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was seven hundred fenceposts from your place to ours

No one really knew when their relationship truly started it just happened. Clark had come to Paris as apart of a two year transfer program for journalism. It was there that he met Marinette an aspiring fashion designer.

It was during that time that the two of them grew close to one another.

Neither one of us was old enough to drive a car

It was a sad day when Clark left back home for Metropolis, where he'd gotten a job at The Daily Planet as a journalist. But the two made a promise to call, text, email, and or write when they could.

Sometimes it was raining, sometimes it would shine

Soon for the two it became something that they did religiously. Sure they both struggled at times because of villans, work, and not enough time in the day. But they made it work.

We wore out that gravel road between your house and mine

I'd start walking your way
You'd start walking mine
We'd meet in the middle
'Neath that old Georgia pine
We'd gain a lot of ground
'Cause we'd both give a little
And their ain't no road to long
When you meet in the middle

Clark and Marinette's relationship continued to beautifully blossom over the years into something more.

Soon after she came to Metropolis for a fashion show, the feelings that Clark had for Marinette fell into place. He the man of steel had fallen head over heels for the guardian of the miraculous. Something that he'd found out by one of his clumsy mishaps.

Soon after that the two started dating and within a span of three years they finally got married. He did have to make it clear to Lois that he was now taken, so he asked Marinette to take up her old mantle of Ladybug and kiss him after aiding him with a villain.  That got Lois to back off.

It's been seven years tomorrow since we said our vows

Soon it had been seven years since they married. The league was formed, and she got to know her husband's teammates. They kept their distance since she was Clark's most well guarded secret and it was something he'd rather remain that way.

Under that old pine tree, you ought to see it now
Standing in the back yard reminding me and you
That if we don't see eye to eye there's something we can do

Their first major fight had been about Superboy or Connor. Let's just say that after stringing her husband up in the basement with Plagg and his smelly cheeses, Clark had come to his senses about the boy.

I'd start walking your way
You'd start walking mine
We'd meet in the middle
'Neath that old Georgia pine
We'd gain a lot of ground
'Cause we'd both give a little
And their ain't no road to long
When you meet in the middle

But after dealing with a Superman who'd lost his Marinette because he killed her. Clark started to have doubts about himself till Marinette and Connor helped to bring him out of it with reassurance that he'd never become the superman of that world.

Babe I love the way we work it out
That's what love's about

Soon three became five when Jon and his twin sister Maria (their great  grandfather Rolland named them both after their grandfather and his mother)were born into the family.

I'd start walking your way
You'd start walking mine
We'd meet in the middle
'Neath that old Georgia pine
We'd gain a lot of ground
'Cause we'd both give a little
And their ain't no road to long
When you meet in the middle

When Jon and Maria started going out with Damian. Neither were happy about it for different reasons. Clark because he was against child heroes. And Marinette because Maria and Jon took the turtle and dragon miraculouses with them. Their punishment after the first time, organize their mothers design room, clean the barn and house without powers or the aid of the miraculous.

I'd start walking your way
You'd start walking mine
We'd meet in the middle
'Neath that old Georgia pine
We'd gain a lot of ground
'Cause we'd both give a little
And their ain't no road to long
When you meet in the middle

Soon the kids started to go there own ways. Maria started up a new miraculous league with the children of her honorary aunts and uncles even helping out Jon who joined Damian in the creation of The Legion of Superheroes. Connor stayed with the young justice with his girlfriend M'gaan.

I'd start walking your way
You'd start walking mine
We'd meet in the middle
'Neath that old Georgia pine
We'd gain a lot of ground
'Cause we'd both give a little
And their ain't no road to long
When you meet in the middle

Clark sighed as he sat next to Marinette on the front porch swing after coming back from a league meeting. It had been several years since they'd first met each other by this time. Marinette was sporting a few grey hairs as was Clark.

They might have had a few bumps in the road but they would always meet one another in the middle.