The Princess Bride part 1

(Damian hasn't joined the family yet)

Dick sighed as he looked out the living room window. Gotham was in the middle of a hurricane and Bruce had banned them from leaving the house because of the conditions. So he was stuck inside with his brothers Jason and Tim. The hurricane had already cut the power and the back up generator was under repairs after Mister Freeze's last attack. So other than candles they had no other light source. Jason was getting restless and Tim was on the boarder of a panic attack since he'd hadn't been able to make his precious coffee since the power went down.

They tried board games Jason's rage kept getting the better of him.   So they had to stop. Alfred entered the room with a plate of cookies that the boys eagerly dove for. "What are you young masters doing right now?" Alfred asked

"Eating cookies" Dick said holding up a cookie.

"Why don't you read a book?" Alfred asked

"Not enough light" Jason said

Alfred raised an eye as Bruce entered the room. Bruce was confused till he saw the position that the boys were in. "Alfred why don't you get the book" Bruce said giving the butler a knowing look.

Alfred looked absolutely elated at the idea and went off immediately to find the book. "What is this book?" Jason asked curious

"Alfred use to read it to me on nights like this when I was growing up after my parents died." Bruce answered as Alfred came back with the book in hand.

Jason saw the title on the cover and his jaw hit the floor. The Princess Bride by S. Morgenstern the most sought book for any book lover like himself how did Alfred have a copy?

"What is that" Tim said with distaste Dick shared his sentiments.

"Does it have any good parts to it?" Dick asked

"Yes it's got fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love, miracles" Bruce listed off a large grin grew on his face.

"Doesn't sound to bad" Tim sighed

Dick was hooked the second he heard true love. Jason just wanted the story to be read. Alfred grinned as he took out his glasses, opened the book, and took a seat on one of the chairs in the room. "Very well then The Princess Bride by S. Morgenstern. Chapter one....." Alfred started off.