What hurts the most

(A/n: this takes place in the multi verse of the maribat fandom)

I can take the rain on the roof of this empty house

That don't bother me

One mission is all it took for things to crash and burn. In six multi verses The ladybug had lost her bat.

I can take a few tears every now and then just to let 'em out.

Terry had gone missing after a serious mission gone wrong against False-face. She didn't get a chance to tell him just how much he meant to her before he went missing.

I'm not afraid to cry every once in awhile even though going on with you gone still upsets me. There are days I pretend I'm okay but I'm thats not what gets me.

Damian was stabbed through the chest by Deathstroke. He died in her arm while she begged for him not to leave her alone.

What hurts the most,  is being so close,

And having so much to say and watching you walk away.

Tim was on patrol when he was captured by the Joker and Harley. When he was found Bruce didn't let Marinette anywhere near him.

And never knowing what could have been. I'm not saying that loving you is what I was trying to do.

Jason went on a mission to find his biological mother. He was brought back to her in a coffin.  No last 'goodbye' or 'I love you'. Only tears.

Dick was killed by Lex Luthor in cold blood right in front of Marinette as she struggled to break free of her own restraints.

And Bruce a fight with Darkseid,  but his last words to Alfred before he died was. "Take care of her Alfred "

It's hard to deal with the pain of losing you everywhere I go.

But I'm doing it.

Life without her bat was almost unbearable for Marinette. But she had made them each a promise.

It's hard to force that smile when I see our friends and I'm alone.

She felt like a shell of whom she once was as she saw their friends together happy and in love. It was like the universe was laughing at her misery.

Still harder getting up getting dressed living with this regret ,

But I know if I could do it over .

I would trade, give away, all the words that I saved in my heart

That I left unspoken

Everyday the ladybug prayed that her bat would return to her, but it never happened.

Every day became a struggle to do even the simplest of tasks seeing as how everything reminded her of her lost love. Whom she dearly missed with her entire being.

What Hurts the Most is being so close and having so much to say and watching you walk away and never knowing what could have been. And not seeing that Loving you is what I was trying to do.

But soon those words could be spoken. Bruce returned and showered his ladybug with the love she rightfully deserved, after she punched his lights out for a week that is.

What hurts the most

Dick tracked her down after Spyral's take down. Once she learned that he'd faked his death.... Kagami, Chloe, Nino, and Alix went after him with intent to kill. But this only went as far as knocking Dick out and placing him on the table to castrate him. After that fiasco Dick never pulled that move again.

Is being so close

Jason returned from the grave and instead of going after Bruce like Thalia hoped he would, he went directly to Marinette who promptly judo flipped him off the Eiffel Tower before kissing him senseless. Repetively telling the other how much they loved and missed the other.

And having so much to say and watching you walk away.

Tim finally got away from Bruce and the others after five  years of therapy with Dr. Leslie. He tracked Marinette to a small yet booming cafe called Rouge. He unlike his family in other parts of the multi verse was spared from the pain cause he had a liable excuse seeing as how Bruce was the one who had forcibly ended their relationship when he needed her to be there.

And never knowing

Damian on the other hand all but signed himself a new death warrant when he came back not from his Angel's friends no it was from her honorary family if Marinette hadn't stopped them.

What could have been

Terry upon his return from his amnesia was definitely meet with the worst fate. Her parents,both their friends and her honorary family all wanted him dead where he stood for putting Marinette through hell and back for three years.

And not seeing that loving you is what I was trying to do .

Now all was right once again.

After all,  Happily Ever After's don't come to you without some kind of nasty road bump.

That's what I was trying to do .