Valentine's day special

(A/N: Sorry for not updating the Princess bride au but I took a break to write this one shot featuring Tony Stark enjoy)

I hate Shakespeare and Gosling and cakes with white frosting
Two names in a heart-shaped tattoo
I think cupid is stupid and violets are purple not blue

It was that day once again, Valentine's day. Now don't get Tony wrong he loved his wife, but he felt that Valentine's day was just overkill. Even Steve agreed with him. He couldn't understand why people would just emphasize on a day to love the love of their lives. But for him, it was the one day of the year that Marinette would let him have his space to work without interruption from her or the other Avengers.

I hate catching bouquets, the honeymoon phase

And letterman jackets don't fit

He loved that about Marinette, she could read him like an open book. But everything else about relationships, which is what Pepper had wanted and why they broke up, he thought was overkill.

Your eyes can't hold stars and you'd die if your heart really skipped

He was a very practical guy, so when he managed to land Marinette who was not only French, but a Parisian French who shared the same views as him on the subject......... He knew he'd found the one.

I hate love songs (I hate love songs)
Yeah, I really do (I really do)
I hate love songs (I hate love songs)
But I love you

He rolled his eye's as another overly exaggerated love song came on the radio. He really needed to convince Jarvis to hack the radio stations so they wouldn't do this to him.

I hate pink hearts with glitter and Valentine's dinner
And roses just die in a week

He paid attention to the road for now though he was a man on a mission to get the last piece for Marinette's Valentine's gift. Roses were overdone along with chocolates and many other things out there. But he had a plan for tonight just the two of them. "Shall I play the video for final editing sir?" Jarvis asked

"Please" Tony told Jarvis

We were drunk when we met so we don't know our anniversary, woops

Jarvis then started playing the day they'd met, Tony barely remembered it since he'd broken up with Pepper just a while befre so he was pretty drunk that night. Marrinette though had gotten dumped by her high school sweetheart for her former bully just a few hours before the party.

Oh and I'm far too vain to kiss in the rain
The clouds, they aren't numbered to nine
And you make me feel something but it sure as hell ain't butterflies

He saw Pepper there and she saw Adrien so they used the first people they could get a hold of, a.k.a. each other, and made it seem like nothing was wrong. But it wasn't just a one time fling the two just clicked with one another. She made him feel human and He made her feel like the Empress she was. And a two years later while he was talking hypothetically about marriage he hadn't meant it as a proposal, but when she said yes it took his 270 IQ brain five minutes to realize that she'd agreed to marry him. God Natasha still wouldn't let him live that entire week down even six years later.

I hate love songs (I hate love songs)
Yeah, I really do (I really do)
I hate love songs (I hate love songs)
But I love you, ooh yeah
Oh oh
I really do

He came to a full stop in front of a very special place, his secret place, a jewelry studio. He wasn't doing a cliche per say, but how many people can say that they made their wife a piece of jewelry for Valentine's day. He'd spent eight months meticulously practicing to make her the perfect gift.

And I'll always love you but I don't have to sing it
"For worse or for better" don't rhyme
They say I got the right one so now I should write one
But I'd rather just show you tonight

He went to the back where the gift would be finished up. He smiled as he saw it waiting for the final touches from him. But he couldn't wait till later that night when he had something really special planned for the two of them ;). 

'Cause I hate love songs (I hate love songs)
Yeah, I really do (I really do)
I hate love songs (I hate love songs)
But I love you, yeah

He quickly drove back to the tower as fast as he legally could since the last time he went over the speed limit Marinette almost ripped his head off. He spotted Marinette leaving for the kitchen to make them dinner since they would be the only one's in the tower that night as the other's had gone out with their significant others for the evening. So acting quickly he got to work setting up their bedroom and when she left the kitchen he quickly took the cookies she'd made leaving a note.  He only had two of the cookies placing the rest where Hawkeye or Banner would easily find them.

"ANTHONY EDWARD STARK!" He heard her shout.

I hate love songs (I hate love songs)
The old and the new (I really do)
I hate love songs
But I love you

She finally made her way to their bedroom were he waited for her. When she opened the door she was surprised to see the sight in front of her. Tony just sitting in the middle of a now dangerous intimately red room. His arc reactor glowed blue. "Tony?" Marinette questioned

"Happy Valentine's Day Marinette" Tony smiled at her handing her a small box.

She opened it and was surprised to what beheld her eyes. It was a miniature arc reactor like Tony's but in the shape of a rose. (just imagine it)

Tony grinned wanting this reaction from her

Tony grinned wanting this reaction from her. He kissed her forehead before helping her place the necklace around her neck. "It's perfect Tony Happy Valentine's day"Marinette smiled turning around once it was secured before kissing her husband.

Tony smiled into the kiss thinking.................................................................. 'I am one hell of a lucky guy'