The family dinner (Daminette)

Damian Wayne ask anyone and they'd give you every detail about Gotham's Ice Prince. But right now that was the farthest thing from what he was right now....... a nervous wreck.

In less than two hours he and his family would be meeting with the family of his girlfriend of 6 years, Marinette. She'd met his family and he'd met her's, but this was the first time that they were meeting each other.

Mind you he adored her mom Sabine and Stepfather, Tom..... it was her biological father, James Logan Howlett aka Wolverine, and half-brother Daken, who worried him. But he had hope's that with Rouge, Marinette's adoptive sister, Luara(her half-sister),  Charles Xavier (her grandfather), and Scott Summers-Howlett (her other stepfather aka Cyclops), Logan and Daken wouldn't be too out of line.

"So Demon spawn who all is coming tonight? I know Pixie's mom and stepfather number one is coming but who else?" Jason the most annoying of Damian's siblings asked

"Her biological father and her second stepfather are also coming along with her two half-siblings and her grandfather, " Damian told him as he straightened his tie for what felt like the umpteenth time that night.

"Anything we should know about her Bio dad?" Dick asked as he entered the room with Mar'i and Kori.

Damian paused unsure of how to answer that question. "Well considering that Miss Marinette's bio dad is him... I'd say that Master Jason is the only concern of the night," Alfred said entering the room with Bruce.

Jason, Dick, and Tim tried to get more information on who Marinette's bio father was from Alfred, but the man just went on with his duties. So instead they went to bug Barbra about who Marinette's father was. "Damian we need to talk," Bruce said

"Yes, father?" Damian asked

"When were you going to tell me that Marinette's father was Wolverine?" Bruce asked

"If this about the possible mutation when she was born she was checked, yes she has the gene, but now that she's twenty we know that the gene wasn't active. Plus we checked at my bequest just in case our children could receive the gene, but I'm negative. Marinette passing the gene on is a possibility, but the fact that it will become active is slim to none." Damian told his father with a glare.

"That was not the issue I wanted to talk about," Bruce told him

"Then what?" Damian asked confused

"He and I have a slight history from shortly after I became the Batman" Bruce said

"You mean the Weapon X facility incident here in Gotham..... He told me about it the first time we met, his nose is sharper than you give it credit for" Damian told him, "It was quite the hilarious tale"

Bruce just looked in disbelief, "So he's ...?"

"Everything is fine between you. My concern lies with Jason's impression with him and Daken, not you Father" Damian explained

Bruce let out a breath that he hadn't known he'd been holding. Logan made him nervous in more ways than he wanted to openly admit. Ra's, from his memory at the Weapon X facility, was shaking at the sight of the man... he only learned later on in the fight it was because of the man's second to none healing/immortality factor the adamantium claws was just a bonus.

"Sir it's time to go Miss Marinette's family is waiting on us," Alfred told him coming seemingly out of nowhere once again.

"Of course" Bruce sighed as he steeled himself for the rest of the night.

On the ride to the restaurant, they were to eat things were unusually quiet inside the limo till, "So Little D, what's Blueberry's bio dad like?" Tim asked

"No nonsense, dry often sarcastic humor among other things," Bruce said as he shuddered

"Bruce do you know her dad?" Dick asked

"Yes we met before you ever joined me as Robin about a year and a half after I dawned the cowl," Bruce told them

"Wait does he know?" Barbra asked before making a hand gesture to indicate Batman

"Yes and I think Ra's still has that injury on his hip that Marinette's father gave him," Bruce chuckled

"The one on his right or his left?" Damian asked suddenly curious because Logan hadn't told him about that and he was curious.

"His right hip," Bruce stated

Jason, Cassandra, and Damian winced as they remembered what the scar looked like. "Scary, but at the same time cool" Jason smirked

"Are you kidding me what on earth kind of weapon did he possess that the damage is still visible after who knows how many dips in the Lazarus pit since then... I'm starting to have second thoughts about this" Cass said

"Fair enough" Dick shuddered as he knew that in the long run, it would be best to agree with Cass.

"Well, it was Grandfather's fault for involving himself in such a distasteful project in the first place. Marinette's father was a forced subject of the said project he was one of the only ones to break free without father's aid. And beforehand he did torture the man for about a good five days so rightfully deserved" Damian stated dryly

That shut his siblings up instantly because who wouldn't be pissed after all that. They reached the Restaurant five minutes later and Marinette and her family were outside waiting for them. Bruce was shocked to see Logan in a tie and suit since he believed that the man was very much hardcore work clothes only ie a leather jacket, cotton shirt, jeans, and army boots. But here he was in a tux with a few of his more modern medals on his suit representing his time in the army since at least the American revolution...Bruce though wasn't sure of anything before that though.

His boys aside from Damian paled Bruce had sent them all at one point or another to learn from Logan and this man put the fear of God almighty into each and every one of them. "Mr.Howlett," Damian said to Logan

"Damian it's been a while," Logan said giving Damian a light smile

"Damian good to see you again the children at the institute look forward to your next art lesson," Professor Xavier told him wheeling up to the family

"I plan on dropping by the same time this coming week for the next lesson," Damian told him with a smile.

Xavier smiled, it was nice to see how there were people out there who weren't prejudiced against mutants like Damian. 'I believe Marinette was wise in choosing you as her fiancee' Xavier told him mentally.

'Dang, it how do you keep doing this?!?' Damian mentally asked because his training should have prevented this kind of intrusion.

'Holes and surface thoughts are only some of the gateways into the mind Damian in time I will teach you all of the gateways of the mind that you need to be cautious of' Xavier told him

Damian nodded his head in acceptance. The dinner was tense mainly because Daken kept glaring at Jason the entire night. But the adults kept the conversation light and enjoyable. By the end of the dinner, each of Damian's siblings had each taken a class to teach at the Xavier Institute. Barbra computer skills, Dick acrobatics, Jason weapon work, Tim business, Cass stealth, etc.

But it's still a success. "That went well," Damian sighed

"I'm still angry with Daken," Marinette growled letting her father's side shine through.

"Believe me we are both going to be ripping into our families for tonight. You more so than I," Damian told her before giving her knuckles a light kiss.

Marinette sighed as their respective families piled into their respective vehicles. "See you next Thursday then?" Marinette asked

"I'll pick you up by 5," Damian told her before giving her one final kiss before heading over to the limo.

Once in the limo, Tim asked, "So when's the wedding?"

"We have to talk first," Damian said

"Indeed you do Little D," Dick smiled

"I didn't mean Marinette and I," Damian growled as he glared at his family.

They all let out a collective gulp as they suddenly realized that he meant that this was to be a talk with them......This wasn't going to end well.