1

Terry knew that there were multiple types of soulmate bonds everyone around him had at least two kinds that varied from pair to pair. Terry and his soulmate had three because of distance.

The first was they felt whatever the other felt. Which lead him to learn that his soulmate loved sewing and baking, was clumsy to no end, and had very little self esteem.

The second was of course the classic red string of fate that pulled the two halves together. From this Terry learned that his soulmate has lived in Paris their whole life.

The third was the rarest bond out there called spirit guide. This bond only appears once in every few millenia it meant that even the universe believed that they belonged together. Here's how it basically works,  the soulmate pair has visual representations of who they are basically beside them at all times alerting them if anything has happened to their soulmate. As such Terry and his family had to get used to the Phoenix that followed him around nearly 24/7.

The Phoenix was a mix of such odd colors sure it had the traditional orange and red, but it had blue and black mixed in as well. That he respectfully named Ame.

Meanwhile in Paris

Marinette knew quite a bit about her soulmate through the same bonds. He lived in Gotham, loved sports, has a few anger issues, was with a rough crowd, but despite all that he had a large heart.

The Phoenix, Ame, that she shared with him gave her some comfort that he was okay.

But as the saying goes time changes everything.

Age 13

Marinette got her miraculous and became Ladybug giving her a confidence boost.

Terry's parents were starting the divorce process which lead to the start of the lowest point in Terry's life.

Age 14

Marinette had to deal with Chat's constant flirting on the field cause the miraculous made it so that while she was in her suit nothing about her civilian life was exposed. And the flirting was becoming a hidridance with every passing day. "No Chat I have a soulmate and it's not you" Marinette would tell Chat.

"But we have matching miraculous m'lady we are destined for one another" Chat told her

That was a lie, Marinette had talked to Master fu and Chat wasn't the true holder of the black cat ring her soulmate was he was just a a substitute for him.

Terry on the other hand was sent to juvie for his reckless behavior and breaking the law multiple times.

Age 15

Marinette was now the guardian of the miraculous box since Master fu was killed. On top of now most of her friends had turned on her in favor of a liar with pretty lies.

Terry on the other hand was dealing with a different kind of issue, a big shot jock who thought he could walk all over everyone.

Age 16

Marinette was now a household name in fashion with the alias MDC. Thanks in part to the one person who she thought she'd never be friends with, Chloe. Lila had been ramping up the bullying with her sheep, saying that Marinette had no soulmate and the Phoenix was just a robotic prop. Not to mention that the only person who knew that Lila was lying told her to take the high road. Luckily she still had Nino, Luka, Alix, Kagami, Julika, and Kim who believed her.

Terry, despite everything Lila claimed,  felt every punch, kick, and stab Marinette's classmates gave his soulmate. Which wasn't helping since he was now Batman having taken Bruce's place. It worried him to no end seeing as how his soulmate was being bullied on top of only feeling positive emotions because of a butterfly wielding maniac. Yeah he kept up with the news in Paris. Sue him.