Episode 3.3

Social media had become boring. It seemed like everyone was trying to make their lives look perfect, but in reality everyone was miserable. I was sitting in the corner of Miguel's hospital room while his nurse was checking his vitals. I had already spent fifteen minutes on Instagram and I was about to go walk around the halls, but something stopped me. Mitch had posted a video of the students at Cobra Kai. The first person I noticed was Hawk with his eccentric hair, but directly next to him was someone I had been looking for. Tory was smiling and laughing at something he had said. This was the first time that I had seen her face since the fight, and I hated it now more than ever. 

"What's wrong?" Miguel called over to me. The nurse had disappeared and it was just us in the room. 

"Why do you think somethings wrong?" 

"You make this little, scrunched face when your frustrated about something." Miguel mimicked my face by scrunching his nose and furrowing his brows. I couldn't help but laugh at how ridiculous he looked. 

"Nothings wrong anymore." I moved over to sit in the chair by his bedside. "So, what's next? We can play another round of Go Fish or we could find a rerun of Keeping Up With the Kardashians. I know that's become your guilty pleasure by the way."  

"Maybe we can just hang out for now." He looked at me hoping that I would agree with him. 

"Yeah, of course." I propped my feet up on the bed and grabbed a book from my bag. I read for about three minutes before Miguel finally spilled what was on his mind. 

"Are you missing out on things because of being here with me everyday?" I looked up from my book and he was staring directly at me. He had intense bags under his bloodshot eyes making it obvious that he was exhausted. 

"The occasional cheer practice but nothing serious. Plus I'd much rather spend my time here than with anyone else." He stayed silent at my response. "Why? Are you tired of me already?" I joked. 

"I just wanted to make sure that you weren't wasting your time with me. You know? I don't want you to miss out on your high school years only because this idiot can't walk." He motioned to his legs and I frowned at him. 

"You do realize that you are the only person who I enjoy hanging out with anymore, right?" 

"How is that possible?" 

"Well, all of our friends are either depressed or angry. They're not that fun to be around." I lied a little to make him feel better.

"What about Hawk? He seems normal when he visits." I knew he was going to bring Hawk up at some point. Before Miguel's fall, I was upset over the breakup but what's new? 

"He's fine. It just feels weird being around him. We have such a past that it doesn't feel normal being only friends. But until he figures out his shit, there's no way we're gonna be more that." I didn't mean to say that much but Miguel didn't seem to mind. We didn't talk for a few more minutes so I went back to reading my book. 

"Hey." Miguel said to get my attention again. 

"Hey?" I lowered my book so I could see his face. 

"Where do you see yourself in ten years?" He asked me curiously. 

"Alright Guidance Counselor Blatt." I sarcastically said. 

"No, seriously. What do you want to do in life." I had never really thought about where I wanted to end up. 

"Well...karate has been all I've known my whole life so maybe I'll open my own dojo. What about you?" He looked down at his hand and started messing with all the wires.