Episode 1.9 (part one)

The day had finally come. I was turning 16. Today was originally filled with lots of fun plans, but everyone seemed to forget that we had the PSAT. I was going to take it and then celebrate with everyone but Hawk talked me into skipping the mandatory test. He promised me that there wouldn't be any consequences because he "knew someone." It sounded like he was making up bullshit just to get me to have fun on my birthday, but I didn't care. 

When I woke up in the morning Sam had already left. She forced me to sleepover at her place so she could start the celebration right at midnight. We stayed up almost all night watching movies and talking. She only mentioned Miguel a couple of times. Miguel had tried to take her out for breakfast to talk, but she claimed to be busy. She and him had been quiet all week, but I felt weird meddling in their business now that my crush on Miguel was back and stronger than ever. 

It was peaceful morning in the LaRusso house. When I saw the time, I knew I had to get out of bed or else I would be late for whatever Hawk had planned. I told him to pick me up at my house, so he wouldn't see me at the LaRusso's, which meant I had to get back in time for him not to suspect anything. I threw on some clothes and went downstairs to grab some coffee. I was honestly expecting Daniel to have made me his famous Bannarama pancakes in honor of my special day, but when I got to the kitchen it was empty. It took me a second to realize there was shouting in the backyard. I didn't immediately check to see what was going on, and I was glad because I heard Johnny Lawrence's voice clear as day. Being seen at the LaRusso's would blow my cover. I stood frozen in the kitchen, trying to come up with an escape plan. 

"All you LaRussos are the same. Your whole family, man, is rotten to the core." Johnny yelled out.  This made me wince, but I had no more time to think of my escape because Anthony came out of no where and blew my cover. 

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY OLIVIA!" He screamed out while squeezing me to death. I pushed him off aggressively and shushed him. He took the hint that I didn't want to talk to him, but it was too late. 

"Olivia?" Daniel called out. I came around the corner, exposing myself to Johnny Lawrence. 

"Kick his ass Dad!" Anthony yelled out. I shoved him again. He was so unwanted in every situation. 

"Vito? What are you doing at the LaRusso's?" He looked at me with disgust, trying to figure out how I fit into Daniel's life. 

"Wait, Olivia, do you know who this is." Daniel asked me, confused. I was stuck in the worst situation in the world, and there was no way of getting out of it. I did the only thing I could think of and apologized. 

"I'm sorry Johnny. I should have told you, but I was scared. I mean did you hear what you just said about the whole LaRusso family being rotten to the core?" I too afraid to move from where I was standing. 

"Wait, wait, wait. You're apologizing to Johnny? Olivia, I'm your family! You were one of my first students, and you're apologizing to the guy who terrorized all throughout high school? Do I need to remind you what he did?" Daniel yelled. I was crying from all the stress that had come over me. I looked from Johnny to Daniel, too overwhelmed to say anything else. "What did you put in her head that made her like you? Huh? How much have you lied to her?" Daniel accused Johnny. 

"I didn't say anything to her you idiot. It was her choice to join Cobra Kai." Johnny spit the words out in Daniel's face. It seemed like he was bragging. Daniel couldn't take it anymore, and he grabbed Johnny's arm aggressively. Johnny ducked out of his grip causing both of them to throw their hands up in a fighting position. My body was still frozen, trying to come to terms with what was happening in front of me. My current sensei was about to fight my old sensei. 

"What is going on?" Amanda said as she came around the corner. She immediately saw me crying and placed her arms around me. I hid my face in her arms, ashamed of the crime I had committed.