Episode 2.3

"That was out!" I called to the boys. Demetri and Hawk were playing volleyball while I refereed. Moon was sitting on a towel down the beach from me, but I hadn't said a word to her. Honestly, I had only showed up because I promised Miguel I would be there before the whole kissing thing. I don't care what the situation is, I never break a promise. However, I was starting to think Miguel was breaking his promise because he was 30 minutes late. The only person I was fully comfortable talking to was Demetri and he was one of my least favorite people.

"That wasn't out! Geez, Olivia, what makes you think you're an expert in the art of volleyball?" Demetri mocked me, but little did he know that I was pretty good at the sport. 

"I wouldn't question her judgement. She's pretty amazing at Volleyball." Hawk stood up for me. Of course he knew I was good at volleyball because we played on our first date. The memories were so fresh in my mind because I played them over and over like it was my favorite movie. I smiled at the memory, and I caught Hawk smiling back at me. He was probably thinking about our date too. I looked down at my phone. If we had stared any longer at each other I would have simply melted away. 

"Why aren't you playing then? I'll play with you if you want!" Moon offered. 

"No, thanks." I didn't even look in her direction. Demetri and Hawk went back to playing, leaving me alone with Moon. I scrolled through Instagram, trying to ignore her. However, it was impossible because she got up and sat right next to me on my Cobra Kai towel. "Can I help you?" I asked.

"I feel like you don't like me, and I want to apologize for anything I did wrong." She invaded my personal space.

"Yeah...okay" I scoffed. 

"Seriously, what did I do?" Her voice was so sweet that it pissed me off. 

"Are you and Hawk dating?" I asked blatantly, looking at her for the first time. 

"Oh, um...I think we're just talking. We haven't made anything official. He is hot, though. Isn't he?" 

"Mmm, okay," was all I could say. 

"Wait, do you like him?" She asked me. Clearly she didn't know the history that I had with him. 

"Do you remember at my birthday party, when I came up to Hawk and kissed him in front of you?" I was surprised that she hadn't put it together. She looked at the ground, thinking through what she remembered from the party and then it hit her. 

"Omg, I guess I forgot! That night was so hectic." She laughed a little, but I stayed serious. "Does that mean you two used to date?" 

"Yeah. Actually, we were together before he even became Hawk, when he went by Eli Moskowitz. Do you remember him before the mohawk or was he not hot enough for back then?" I didn't wait for her response. I stood up up quickly, and joined the boys who were taking a break from the game. I was so heated, so I took a deep breathe, but it didn't help because Miguel walked up to the beach. I was nervous to talk to him, but I was even more scared when I saw that he was angry. 

"No, no more of this. Look, it's a beautiful day out. The beach is packed with babes. No more sulking about Sam." Hawk got onto Miguel, but I felt guilty because I suspected that I was the reason for his bad mood. 

"I'm not sulking about Sam. It's about Sensei." He looked at me, but quickly looked back at Hawk. 

"Is this about his rap sheet? My parents read it online. I think it makes him more badass." Hawk was rambling. However, my mind was wondering about what Miguel found out about Sensei. 

"It's about him and Robby Keene." Oh shit. I pretended to act shocked, but mentally I was trying to figure out how to tell Sensei that they knew. "He's Sensei's son."