Episode 2.8

"Okay, so I'm thinking we go to the skating ramps after class and watch people wipe out all day. What do you think?" Hawk asked as he held the door to the dojo open for me. He had promised me a fun day today, but I was starting to think he didn't know what fun was. 

"As much as I would love to watch people getting hurt, I kinda was hoping we would go on more of a traditional date, just something simple and romantic." As soon as we walked into the building, Miguel ran up to us, looking worried about something. 

"Hey." He said to Hawk. 

"What's up?" 

"About Coyote Creek, we cool?" Guys had it easy when its came to fixing friendships.

"We were enemies for a day, but Cobra Kai for life." They did their little handshake, and we walked over to stretch with Tory on the mat. I purposely sat in between Hawk and Miguel because I didn't want her to get pissed at me again. She was so sensitive. 

"So, what do you guys have planned for the day?" Miguel asked Hawk and I. 

"It's funny that you ask, actually. We were just trying to figure out a fun place to have date. Any ideas?" I asked both Tory and Miguel, trying to be friendly with Tory. I had nothing against her. 

"You guys have to come with me to the roller rink tonight! Tory's working, and we were gonna make a date of it!" He was all of a sudden super enthusiastic about this idea. Tory didn't look too happy. 

"Mm, I don't think that's a good idea..." I commented. 

"Of course it is! What's more fun than an 80's themed night and double date with your best friend?" He really wanted us to go. 

"I'm down. You two could use some bonding time." Hawk agreed to the double date. I looked at Tory and she was glaring at me. Hawk was right, I could take advantage of this night and show her that I'm not out to ruin her relationship with Miguel. 

"Okayyy, fine. But you have to wear a costume, no argument." All of us laughed at the idea of Hawk in an 80's outfit. Maybe this would be fun after all. 

"Evertbody fall in!" Sensei started class on time, but he didn't have his normal commanding voice. Something was wrong with him. 

"Today, we'll be learning one of the most important lessons a Cobra Kai could ever know." 

"Where's Sensei Kreese?" Hawk interrupted. 

"Mr. Kreese will no longer be joining us." Everyone started whispering, shocked by the news, but I smirked with happiness. "I made a promise when I became your sensei. To always look out for your best interests. Despite how hard this may be for all of us, he didn't have our best interests at heart. John Kreese may have founded Cobra Kai, but he no longer represents what this dojo stands for. His Cobra Kai was old and outdated. He refused to move forward. What happens when we do that, Miss Vito?" Johnny asked me most likely because I was still smiling at the news. 

"You get stuck like cement." I answered. 

"Exactly. To be a great fighter, you gotta learn to adapt. This creed on the wall, follow it to the letter, it'll make you strong. It'll make you formidable. It will also make you an asshole." I was satisfied with the lesson that Sensei was teaching. It was one that the Cobras needed to learn after yesterday's training. 

"Cause that's just black paint on a white wall. But life's not black and white. More often than not, it's gray. And it's in those gray areas where Johnny Lawrence's Cobra Kai sometimes shows mercy." I could feel Hawk look in my direction, not happy with what Sensei was saying. I stayed looking forward, still grinning.