Episode 2.4

"Hi, Ms. Diaz. Is Miguel home? He hasn't been answering my calls and I wanted to check on him." Miguel was no where to be found after the Valley Fest. I tried calling and texting him, but he was ignoring me completely. I finally gave in and went to his apartment so I could explain myself. 

"Yeah, sweetie. He's in his room." She held the door and allowed me to walk to Miguel's room. Ms. Diaz was a real one. I stood in front of Miguel's room contemplating on what I was going to say. I couldn't decide so I gave up and knocked on the door. 

"Come in." He called out. I slowly opened the door and walked in. He was laying on his bed looking at something on his phone. 

"Hey...I just wanted to check on you. You weren't answering my calls." I sat down on the edge of his bed, keeping a good distance between us. 

"Yeah, I was ignoring them." He was not happy with me. 

"I'm sorry for leading you on Miguel. That was never my intention and the last thing I wanted to do was hurt you. That's why I was so careful about taking our relationship slow." I waited for him to say something, but he stayed quiet. "I was also afraid that I didn't truly like you. I think I just liked the idea of liking you. I know it sounds bizarre..." 

"It doesn't." He looked up at me and sighed. "I liked the idea of liking you too. We were going through such similar situations that I felt like if we dated it would solve all our problems. It was wrong of me to force us together." 

"No it wasn't. We tried and it didn't work. That's not either one of faults." I smiled at him, and he finally smiled back. "So can we go back to sulking about our exes?" I asked laughing. 

"That sounds good to me." 

"This is going to make quite a story one day." I was feeling so much better. 

"Remember when we kissed? That was weird." We were laughing so hard that my stomach was cramping. I loved that it was so easy to talk to Miguel. 

"You know I love you, right?" I said to him.

"I love you, too Vito." He replied to me. 

"Now let's get our asses to class before Sensei makes us do push ups for being late."

~

Miguel and I were stretching on the floor before class and Kreese was standing above us, telling the group about his war experience. 

"Can you believe this guy?" Miguel whispered to me. I think we shared the same opinion about Sensei's sensei. 

"Why do I feel like he's always lying to us?" I responded. 

"They were outgunned, we were outmanned. I tell you Rwanda was no joke." 

"Don't you mean Somalia?" Miguel questioned his story. "Mogadishu is in Somalia, Rwanda's a whole different country." Kreese turned around, annoyed with Miguel for calling him out. 

"Of course, Somalia. I've spent so much time in the sandbox, it all kind of bleeds together, you know?" He covered up his lied. Miguel and I seemed to be the only ones who didn't trust him. 

"Listen up!" Sensei came out of the back room to start our daily lesson. We all took our spots in the front of the class. I stood beside Hawk, which I hadn't done since our break up. He didn't even notice or if he had he pretended like he didn't notice. Hawk was making me so confused. He kissed me one day but ignored me the next. "I see we've got new recruits. "Time to see what you're made of." Johnny made his way around the room to inspect the newbies. It gave me flashbacks to when he attacked Eli for his lip. I shuddered at the thought.