Episode 1.4

"Is he going to be okay?" I was sitting in the front seat of Johnny Lawrence's car while he drove Miguel and I home. He wanted to drop me off first, but I didn't want to leave Miguel with some random guy, even if he claimed to be his sensei.

"Yeah, he'll be fine. I used to get in fights like this all the time and I survived. Well, actually I was the one who kicked ass but everyone I beat up recovered so..." He trailed off when he noticed how freaked out I was. "Don't worry okay? He'll sleep this off and be fine in the morning, except for the black eye."

My leg was shaking up and down due to my nerves. Johnny kept looking at me, and it weirded me out.

"What?" I asked rudely.

"Sorry, it's just Miguel said he didn't have a girlfriend. I'm just trying to figure out who you are."

"Oh. Um we're just friends."

"Mmm okay." He didn't sound convinced. When we finally pulled into Miguel's apartment complex Johnny turned his car off but stayed put in his seat.

"Alright I'm going to warn you. This isn't going to be easy. His mom doesn't know he's been taking classes with me, so she isn't going to be happy. You can stay in the car if you want."

"No I'm coming with you."

"Okay, but I warned you." I got out of the car and opened the back door for Johnny to grab Miguel out of the bag seat. He had stirred awake but still couldn't walk on his own. We walked quickly to his place, and I knocked loudly on the door. His mom opened the door screaming. She was a wreck, which was understandable because she son was bleeding in his sensei's arms. She started yelling in Spanish and another lady came to the door. The two of them spoke quietly to each other while Johnny placed Miguel on the couch. I stayed in the door way, not comfortable enough to go inside. The whole moment felt like it was going in slow motion. Johnny was whispering something to Miguel which sounded like apologies. They were both suffering. Johnny came back to the door to stand with me and Miguel's mom followed us out.

"I don't want you ever coming near my son again, do you understand me?" She was speaking directly to Johnny.

"I'm sorry. I should have never gotten involved." He was upset.

The last thing that was heard before she slammed the door in our face was Miguel yelling, "Wait! Cobra Kai never dies!" The name Cobra Kai sounded so familiar but I shrugged it off. I had other things that were on my mind.

"Where do you live?" Johnny was angry walking back to his car.

"Just around the corner, I can walk."

"No, get in the car, I'll drive you." He commanded.

"I've been told not to trust strangers, so I'll just walk." That pissed him off more.

"You saw what I just did for Miguel and you still can't trust me?" I took a deep breathe and crawled in his car.

"You can drop me off around the corner so my dad doesn't see." Johnny started his car and zoomed out of the parking lot.

~

Family dinner night was always Sunday nights, and I tried everything I could to get out of it. I even faked a fever, but it wasn't good enough. Sam was not talking to me and I wasn't talking to her. We needed to work out our fight, but I wasn't going to be the first to apologize. I did nothing wrong.

When we got to the house Sam was no where to be found, so I clung onto my mom, hoping she wouldn't ask why. Sometimes I was most comfortable just standing by her side. Her and Amanda were having a conversation that I paid no attention to until Amanda asked me something.