Episode 3.5

"If you want to beat a Cobra, you have to think like one. We are taught to strike first and attack at any chance we get. That's why Miyagi Do is such a good match. You guys focus on defensive strategies." I was teaching a lesson about how to take Cobra Kai down to the few Miyagi Do students. We had been at the dojo all morning, yet Sam and I felt like they were not learning anything. 

"Yeah, but defense only gets us so far. That's why we lose most of the time." Demetri pointed out. 

"Exactly. Demetri come over here." I called him into the circle. 

"Alright, but don't hit me in the face. I have to keep my looks up for the ladies." He joked and walked closer to me. I got into a fighting position and he followed my lead. 

"My instinct as a Cobra is to make the first move no matter how cheap it is. Demetri is successfully blocking his face, but the rest of his body is left unprotected. In this case, I would throw a right punch at his head to distract him and hit him hard with a left punch to the side." I slowly went through the motions as I spoke and Demetri winced when my fist made contact with his ribs. 

"Ouch! Olivia, I said take it easy!" He yelled. I rolled my eyes. 

"Demetri, I barely touched you. If you're going to last in a fight with someone who does actually want to hurt you, you're gonna have to toughen up." I pointed out to him. He made a face and continued rubbing his ribs. 

"Again. We have to be ready to fight." Sam commanded. Demetri and I got back into fighting position. 

"What do you think you're doing?" I immediately recognized Amanda's voice. She was standing above us, looking shocked and disappointed. 

"Would you believe...study group?" Demetri always joked in the wrong moments. 

"Go home, all of you. Now." Amanda yelled. I sighed and started to leave with the group but was stopped. "Where do you think you're going?" She was giving me the crazy mom eyes that always scared me. 

"I'm sorry, Amanda." I apologized to get back on her good side. Amanda had the power of ratting me out to my parents. I just convinced them that my life was back to normal and I was as happy as ever. 

"Last I remember, you were banned from doing karate. What are your parents going to think about this, huh?" 

"Maybe they don't have to know? It's not like I was partying or doing drugs behind their backs. I was teaching a group of students how to defend themselves against a ton of ruthless bullies" I pleaded sweetly. She looked at the ground, thinking about what I was asking. 

"Fine, but if I catch you one more time, I can't promise you that I'll keep your little secret. Now, go home." Amanda was always the cool mom. I smiled at her with gratitude and got the hell out of there before she changed her mind. I knew that I was off the hook, but Sam was still going to get an ear full. I caught up to the guys as they walked to their cars. 

"I'm thinking In-n-Out. I'm starving." Demetri complained. 

"Demetri, it's 10 in the morning. How can you be craving a greasy burger and fries?" I messed with him. 

"As my mom says, I'm a growing boy who needs to eat." We were almost at our cars and everyone was gone. 

"Hey, Dem? Can we talk?" I stopped walking and he looked at me worried. 

"Are you okay?" He asked. 

"Why does everyone always think that somethings wrong with me when I simply ask to talk?" I asked without thinking. "Nevermind, don't answer that. Anyway, I wanted to talk to you about what happened the other day."