Episode 1.10

My eyes fluttered open to the sun beaming in on my face. I blocked the light with my arm because it caused my head to throb. My thoughts were blurry, and I couldn't figure out why until I felt a body shift next to me. I rolled onto my other side to face the sleeping boy. Several memories flooded back into my head like I was watching a movie. I was so drunk last night that Hawk didn't want to take me home. I would have to tell my parents I was at Aisha's. I turned my focus back on Hawk, who was softly snoring. He had taken a shower last night, so his hair wasn't gelled into spikes like normal. It was laying in blue waves in his face. I had never seen it like this. He looked so vulnerable as he slept in front of me. It was addicting to watch him breathe in and out. I took a mental picture of the moment. I was so madly in love with him. The peaceful moment was interrupted by his alarm blaring from his phone. He opened his eyes and I was smiling right at him.

"Good morning." I said happily.

"I could get used to waking up to this view every morning." Hawk said with his raspy morning voice.

"Why did you have your alarm set?" I asked.

"We have training all day today. How did you forget?" He moved his arm out from under the covers to push a piece of hair from out of my face. I leaned forward to kiss him, and my head started throbbing again.

"Can I blame it on the hangover?" I said with a sweet, innocent voice.

"Come on or else we are going to be late. Remember what happened last time we showed up late together?" He asked me, grinning. Sensei Lawrence was annoyed by our late arrival time, so he made us stay after class for rigorous conditioning. It was brutal.

"Ughhhhh" I groaned into my pillow, but I found my motivation when Hawk left me alone in the bed. The All-Valley tournament was a week away, and I really needed all the training I could get.

~

"Yo, Miguel, calm down, man. Save some for the tournament." Hawk called out to Miguel, who was punching the air aggressively. The day of the tournament finally was here and everyone was nervous. I was holding onto Hawk's arm while we waited outside for Sensei Lawrence.

"Don't even bother. He's been super agro ever since the breakup." Aisha warned us. I, however, already knew this. Miguel had come to my house every day after training because he was lonely and needed a distraction. Hawk was was only okay with it because I agreed to let him come over when Miguel left. I barely had gotten any sleep this past week.

"Does anyone know where Sensei is? The tournament's gonna start soon." I asked our little group of Cobra Kai's.

"He'll be here soon." Aisha assured me.

"I don't know about that. I saw him last night at the mini-mall. I was buying a carton of milk when I heard him in the parking lot, yelling. He warned me that we are all going and proceeded to break his beer bottle on the ground." Bert told us.

"Dude! Why didn't you tell us this earlier?" I could have at least called Johnny to see if he was okay.

"I don't know! I guess I'm used to seeing him drunk, it didn't seem like that big a deal." Little Bert explained.

"Well, we're here, and he's not. So it's officially a big deal. What if something happened to him?" Hawk yelled. I held onto his arm to keep him calm.

"Like what?" Bert wondered.

"Like he drove his car off a cliff, or bought a gun and blew his brains out." Hawk imagined.

"That's too pussy for Sensei." I commented.

"Whatever. I mean, we're here. We're gonna have to do it without him."