Episode 2.6

"Nice work Diaz. Bow. Go again." Johnny had been putting Miguel and Hawk up against each other in class. This was most likely because Hawk was Miguel's greatest competition in our group of Cobras. Hawk was being more aggressive than normal, though. I hadn't been able to talk to him since last night when I dropped him off at his house. He wasn't responding to any of my texts or calls until early this morning. Luckily, he didn't seem as upset about losing to Sam and Robby, it had just been replaced with built-up anger. 

Before Miguel and Hawk could began a new duel, Daniel LaRusso unexpectedly rushed into the dojo, looking for Johnny Lawrence. My instinct made me stand up and walk up to Daniel. I was standing beside Hawk now, who had tensed up at Daniel's rude arrival. 

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Sensei barked at his enemy. I was wondering the same thing. All I could think about was the fact that Hawk had attacked his students at the mall. 

"Like you don't know." Daniel scoffed out. He nodded his head at disapproval when he saw me standing in the front of the class. 

"Take your shoes off the mat. You're disrespecting my dojo." Johnny was in full sensei mode. 

"You're seriously gonna talk to me about disrespecting dojos after what you did to mine?" Daniel marched forward, steaming with anger. I noticed Hawk looking down as Daniel approached us. I grabbed onto his hand because I sensed that he was upset. However, he pushed my hand away and moved to stand behind Miguel. What was up with him? He seemed guilty of something, but it couldn't have been about the fight at the mall. 

"What are you talking about? I didn't do anything to your dojo." Sensei had no idea. 

"Just like you didn't slug one of my employees, huh? You know part of me actually felt bad for you at one point, but you make it so easy to remember who the bad guy is in all of this. You call yourself a sensei? You don't even know what a sensei is. A sensei mentors. A sensei elevates. He doesn't teach destruction and disrespect!" I stepped forward at Daniel's words. His eyes flicked in pain when I stood up for my sensei. I was too afraid to say anything, though, so I simply stood my ground. 

"I already said I don't know what you're talking about, LaRusso. And you don't know what you're talking about either." Johnny placed a hand on shoulder, slightly pulling me back. He was now standing in front of me. I could not believe that Daniel was attacking us for something that we didn't do. 

"Yeah, well, I know you don't..." Daniel choked on his words. Something had turned his anger to disappear. "You don't earn the Medal of Honor by stealing it." That was why he had interrupted class. Mr. Miyagi's Medal of Honor was stolen, and he assumed it was because of one of us. "Let me tell you something about your sensei. He might teach you how to fight, but he doesn't know a thing about what it takes to truly win at life. If you want to help yourselves before it's too late, the doors of Miyagi Do are wide open." Daniel looked at me directly when he yelled these words. I slowly nodded my head side to side, to indicate that I was not joining Miyagi Do, not after his emotional rant. 

"You think you can come in here and poach my students?" Sensei was visibly angry now. 

"And what are you gonna do about it?" Daniel and Johnny were at each others throats. "You know, I'm not gonna strike first." He mocked our Moto. 

I was expecting Sensei to punch Daniel in the face, and I was nervous for the fight that was about to happen, but Sensei relaxed his entire body and said, "I'm gonna be a bigger man." 

"Yeah, we'll see about that." Daniel spit at him and then stormed out of the dojo. I began to ran after him, to explain to him that Cobra Kai had nothing to do with the missing Medal of Honor, but I felt a firm hand hold me back. I turned around, ready to yell at someone, and I made eye contact with Johnny Lawrence. He looked shocked at my actions.