Episode 2.9

"Get up." 

"No." I shoved a pillow over my head. 

"Get up." There was a tug on my arm.

"Go away." I begged.

"Come on, please?" I cracked my eye open to see Miguel standing above me. Tory was sitting on my legs. 

"I'm not ready to start the day" I covered my face again. 

"Olivia, you haven't been ready to start the day for the past week. It's time we do something about that." Tory was actually worried about me. 

"If you promise to get up, I have a surprise for you..." Miguel bribed me, so I lifted my head out from under the pillow. 

"What's the surprise?" I asked softly and sweetly. 

"No, promise me first that you'll get out of bed." I contemplated my choices, but was too curious to stay in bed. So I took a deep breathe and sat up. 

"I promise that I'll get up." I sat Indian style and waited patiently for my surprise. Miguel walked away from my bed and grabbed something out of his backpack. He put it behind his back and came to my side. 

"I saw this at the store, and I thought you would like it." He revealed a fluffy teddy bear and handed it to me. I held the bear in my arms and a feeling of joy came over me. It felt good to have people care, but I just wanted to lay back in bed. 

"No. I see that look in your eye. You are going to get up now and take a shower because we have a party tonight." Tory pulled the blanket off of me and I groaned. 

"You guys are sweet to care about me but I promise that I'm okay. I just don't feel like doing anything." I said to the people looking at me like I was going to break. I was upset for a few days after the break up with Hawk, but now I was just unmotivated to leave my room. I had missed karate for the first time, and Johnny called me pissed. It was apparently an important lesson. So my days had turned onto karate and sleeping. Hawk and I avoided each other in class, leaving me to cling to Tory and Miguel. 

"Look, Moon invited us to a back to school party at her place tonight and I told her we would be there. It'll be good for you to see everyone before schools starts." Tory was now rubbing my arm like I was a child. 

"Plus, you stink." Miguel commented. I couldn't help but laugh. I sniffed my hair and he was right. It was sour. 

"Okay, but I'm taking a shower because I want to." I got out of bed and cringed as my feet touched the cold floors. "I'll be quick." I announced, but I ended up taking my time. I shaved my legs for the first time in a week and it helped to improve my mood. Once out of the shower, I wrapped a towel around myself and went into my room to find something to wear. I hadn't been to a party in forever and was going to struggle picking out an outfit. However, Tory came to the rescue with another present. She was holding a new, dark blue dress with little white stars all over it.

"I thought you would like to wear something new tonight." She handed it over to me. 

"You guys are too much. Thank you." I said to both Tory and Miguel, who was laying in my bed not paying any attention to the moment. I quickly got ready, now eager to see all of my friends. I curled my clean hair, put on some white sneakers, and started picking out jewelry. 

"I have to go to the bathroom and when I get out we have to head to Moon's or else we'll be late." Tory instructed me. I rolled my eyes at her pushiness and went back to finding a necklace. At the top of my jewelry box was my hawk necklace. I wore it everyday, but haven't touched it since the night at the roller rink. My hand hovered over it, debating whether or not to put it on.