Chapter Eleven

Blake leaned forward and brushed a piece of hair off of my face. A small gentle smile wavered on his mouth.

"Don't worry you look beautiful."

I just sat there, staring at him. Who was this because it definitely wasn't the Blake I know who played tonsil tennis with Cathy. I didn't know who this Blake was but I liked him. Blake seemed to notice my silence as he straightened up quickly, his face instantly changing from soft to focused. He gazed into the distance for a second, zoning out completely before he stood up and took my hand.

"Clutz I'm so sorry but I think I have to be somewhere. Will you be okay or do you want me to stay?"

He was genuinely concerned but I shook him off, telling him I would be fine that he can go. He said goodbye before running off to wherever he had to be.

For a few moments I just sat there, on the park bench, observing the stars as the shimmered in the sky. Sighing, I stood up, took my shoes off and began to walk home. It would be an hour walk if I went by the path but if I went through the forest I could half it.

I slipped through a gap in the fence, stepping into the forest. I loved the forest. It was mysterious. I let the smell of wet moss fill my nostrils as I wandered deeper into the forest, admiring and identifying trees as I walked. I had just reached a gigantic oak tree when it happened.
A wave of dizziness wafted over me, sparks of pain exploding in my skin. My ears began to pop and fizz. My head started to buzz uncontrollably and my eyes began to burn, tears escaping them instantly.

I held a hand to my head, trying to rid it of the terrible continuous throbbing, squinting painfully when a high-pitched buzzing noise entered my head. I tucked my head in between my legs trying, in vain, to relieve the pain. I craned my neck backwards trying to hold in a scream. The annoying sound slowly started to fade, then it disappeared completely.

I opened my eyes only to face blinding lights. My eyes focused once more and I assessed the change.

I heard more clearly.

I could taste the crisp air and I could feel the leaves beneath me.

It was like my senses somehow heightened. I was aware of every leaf tree waterdroplet and breeze around me. But I was totally disorientated. All my energy had been somehow drained. Losing feeling in my body, I collapsed to the ground in a heap letting the darkness consume me.
-
-
-
-
-
My eyes fluttered open and I was hit with a throbbing headache. I held a hand to my head confused as to what had happened. I was lying in the middle of a forest, completely isolated. Had I fallen and hit my head?

Slowly, I stood up trying to keep my shaking legs from buckeling underneath me. I grasped a branch and pulled myself up.

Eventually, I got out of the forest, stumbling up to my house. I unlocked the front door and made my way up to my room, throwing myself on the bed.

"Tonight could have gone better."

I murmured to myself. Deciding I didn't have the effort to stay awake I staggered into the bathroom to wash off my make up and get ready for bed.

I ran the tap and begun washing my face. Then I looked up, almost screaming. The girl in the mirror was not me. She had pitch black hair, like me but with a snowy white colouring the tips and ultraviolet eyes.

"Aurelia?"

I asked but the girl had copied my actions. Did I really look like this?

*The change has begun.*

"Change? What change?"

*Your 18th birthday is approaching. We are beginning to combine into one.*

"You never mentioned this."

*I didn't think it would be important.*

"You didn't think it would be important?! You didn't think it would be important to tell me that I wasn't going to look like myself"

*This is yourself. Your true self.*

I snorted at this. True self. Ha, very funny I thought.

*You do know I can hear your thoughts*

I didn't bother to grace my wolf with an answer. Instead I turned my full attention back to the mirror. My hair looked like the ends had been dipped in powder and my eyes looked like we're slowly but surely getting drowned of all colour and being replaced by a vivid purple. How was I going to hide this from my family?

_
_
_
_
_