Chapter Thirteen

Deep breaths
Deep breaths
Deep breaths I repeated again and again in my head. I had invited Blair over after school and she was due to arrive any minute. My hands were shaking in anticipation and I swear at one point I heard my teeth chattering.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang breaking me from my world of worries. Adjusting my hearing I picked up on the the door being opened, a brief conversation between Blair and what sounded like my dad and then I heard footsteps quickly ascending up the stairs. Moments later my door swung open to reveal Blair standing with her arms packed with munchies and DVD's.

"MOVIE MARATHON!!" She announced, throwing all the food onto my coffee table and chucking the DVD's over near my TV. Then she turned to me her eyes instantly growing 5Times bigger when she took in my hunched over composure and stressed looking attitude. "What's wrong?" She asked her voice full of concern.

I looked down at my hands as they fiddled with the hem of my top. I felt the bed sink beside me and a hand placed on my shoulder. Blair was sitting beside me now inspecting me for any clues as to why I looked depressed.

"Blair..." I started. "Yeah?" "Can I ask you something?" "You just did!" She giggled trying to lighten the mood, but I didn't laugh and she quickly got the hint as her laughter was swiftly diminished. "Ahem." She said coughing away the last of her giggles. "I mean yeah okay what did you want to ask."

I took a deep breath. Here we go!!

"Can you please say nothing until I am finished?" She went to say something but caught her tongue and nodded instead. "Also, I'm going to need to ask you to keep an open mind." Now she looked scared. Ignoring her wary looks I continued on with my well rehearsed speech.

"I remember when I was younger being told plenty of stories about lots of different creatures. Even though I knew they were just legends I couldn't hide the amazement I had with these creatures. As I grew up I was like any normal teenage girl. Then I moved here, my life was turned upside down. I was ignoring half my family, I found out I had another family, I was the 'new girl' at school again and I was living in the middle of nowhere. But then I found out that this town has secrets."

I could see Blair starting to panic a bit. Did she know where I was going with this?

"I met some pretty cool people and I was happy. I even got myself a best friend. A real best friend."

I could see the guilt piling up inside of her. She was biting her lip trying to keep from telling me everything. But I wanted her to tell me everything. She was my best friend.

"But even best friends have their boundarys. And I understand that. Trust is something that is built up overtime and sometimes people overestimate how much somebody trusts them. Sometimes I find myself in this situation."

Blair was fidgeting in her seat. I just wanted her to snap so I could tell her about me already. I had to say something that would just push her that extra bit.

"They say secrets are like knives. They have the potential to kill. Knives can kill physical objects and secrets, if kept for too long from somebody, can kill friendships..permanently."

She snapped. I was about to continue talking when she burst. She ran up to me and hugged me, sobbing loudly.

"Aimee, I'm sorry I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I wanted to tell you, I really really did but I wasn't allowed. Your family said you weren't ready. I thought you were and I was going to tell you but your dad commanded me. I couldn't disobey him. My wolf wouldn't let me. I'm sorry. Please forgive me."

All I wanted her to do was tell me she was a werewolf. I hadn't wanted her to feel this bad, I didn't know she felt this bad. After a few minutes of us hugging and apologising and forgiving and I'm sure there was a bit of crying somewhere there, we began to watch the movie. After a while I noticed Blair looking into space. I placed my hand on her shoulder to see if she was okay. Her eyes instantly snapped out of their daze as they began to drill through me. Blair sat up and looked at me questioningly.

"Aimee...?" She said slowly. "Yeess?" I queried just as slowly.

"How did you find out the truth about werewolves?"

...