Chapter Six

Halloween was fast approaching and it showed. Every shop in town was decorated to the max with spooky decorations. I had never seen such a festive town. Orange fairy lights were slung in every tree, spider webs were dashed on every sign and window and ghouls, ghosts, witches and skeletons hung from every ceiling. Spooky pumpkins sat on doorsteps and werewolves stood on every lawn. A Halloween Ball was being held at the town hall and apparently it was a big deal. Everyone was buzzing about their costumes.

"Let's go in here."

Blair said excitedly before rushing into one of the shops. Suddenly, out of nowhere a vampire jumped out at her. Blair, Kim and I started screaming our heads off. We heard a muffled laughing noise and stopped screaming. The 'vampire' took his mask off and fell to the floor in stitches laughing.

It was David.

If Blair was a cartoon she would have had steam pouring out of her ears. No joke. David clearly saw this as his eyes widened in fright. He threw a small smirk at us then took off running down the street before his sister got her hands on him.

"You better run !!"

Blair screamed.

"Your dead when I get home.""

She added.

"I'm staying at Blakes for the rest of my life."

He shouted back before disappearing round a corner. Surprisingly, Blair turned around smiling. Kim and I looked at each other worridly.

"Uh-Oh"

She mouthed and I gulped.

"Lets shop !!"

Blair sung popping the 'p'.

Then I was dragged into a shop to be tortured for hours on end.

_

_

_

_

_

"Yes Kim yes that's a lovely dress."

"Yes it is and so were the other 500 DRESSES !!!!!"

The three of us were in the umpteenth store. Blair was sprawled out on the ground groaning about how Kim needs to make a decision and I was trying my best to stay positive. Kim was trying on yet another dress, twirling around and examining the back of it. She wanted to be a werewolf. Blair had gotten her dress in the second store we went to but Kim and I hadn't found ours yet. Blair was dressing up as a pixie and she had gotten a cute black dress with green neon gauze on it. She totally rocked it. I had given up AGES ago but Kim was determined to find the perfect dress for the ball.

"Oh my gawd!!"

Blair and I darted up to see what was wrong with her. She was holding out a gorgeous white dress that had gold beading decorating the corset of the dress. She took a step towards me and held out the dress. I shook my head vigorously.

"Take it !!!"

Kim said offering me the dress. Blair started jumping up and down with excitement.

"Oh Aimee you'd look amazing in that dress it's made for you. I just know it. You can be a goddess or something. "

I had a mental debate and looked my friends eager eyes waiting for me to take the dress. I huffed and threw my arms in the air.

"Fine. I give up. Jeez peer pressure these days."

I muttered curses as I took the dress off of my squealing friends and stomped off to the dressing room to try it on.

_