Chapter Three

Just keep swimming

Just keep swimming

Swimming

Swimming

Swimming

Swimming

What do we do we swim.

Stupid song get out of my head. Sophia had been watching Disney movies this morning when I was eating breakfast curled up on the couch and now I had that annoying but somewhat catchy song stuck in my head. I was on my way into my room when I stopped. There was a hallway down here that I haven't seen yet. I looked at the time. Three o' clock. Dinner was at six. Hmm. I guess I had enough time.

LETS GO EXPLORING !!!!! :)

I walked down the hallway. There was no doors on either side of it. I kept walking for about ten minutes. Wow, how long was this thing?? Finally I reached the end. And guess what was there.

A wall. Yes all that was at the end of hall was a dead end. Up against the wall was a vase full of flowers. Hanging on the wall was an old oil painting of a radiant, young woman. Either side of the frame was a small lamp in the shape of a wolfs head. The wolves teeth were bared like they were growling. I laughed silently to myself. What an odd lampshade.

I glanced back at the painting. There was something odd about it. I looked at the woman. She stood with her hands cupped hanging down in front of her. She was looking down slightly, staring intensely at something. I followed her line of vision. She was looking at the wolf lampshade on the right. I glanced back at the picture, focusing more on the background this time. The woman was standing in the middle of an old fashioned town. Back when houses were made from straw and clay. In the background was an odd setup. I examined it a bit longer before finally realising what I was looking at. Somebody was getting hanged. There was nobody on the podium except a man dressed in black and ... I gasped.. Looking again the woman was standing on the podium aswell. The picture was being brought to life. It was like I was at the scene. Looking more at the womans clothing I squinted. She had a rosary around her wrist and the cross was cupped in her hands. Something was engraved on the cross. I stood on my tiptoes, leaning on the table trying to read the illegible script scrawled on the cross. I huffed, backing away from the painting. It was no use I couldn't see. I placed my head on the table, in annoyance. All this for nothing. I lifted my head again only to come face to face with the wolf lampshade.

Its eyes were staring into mine. I looked a bit closer. Their was something odd about the lampshade. I looked at the other lampshade. That one looked okay. I looked back at the wolf on the right. There was something odd about it...something different. I looked into its eyes. Ahah its eyes. That's what it was the eyes on this wolf was different to the eyes in the other one. One eye was ceramic grey like its brother on the left but the other eye was shining slightly in the dim light. It looked like glass. I reached out to touch it but as soon as I did, it moved. The eye pushed in and there was a loud click.

The wall suddenly started moving. I jumped back in shock.

"Wooooowww"

I muttered, dumbstruck. Realisation dawned across my face as I copped onto what was happening.

"A secret passage."

I said, nodding.

"Cool I feel like I'm in a movie."

I looked down at the cold, grey concrete steps having a metal debate with myself. Should I ?? Shouldn't I?? Should I?? Shouldn't I??

I took a step forward. I Should !!!