Chapter Four

I woke up feeling like shit. That is the best way I could put it. I had a thumping headache and there was an annoying buzzing sound in my left ear. I walked groggily into the bathroom and looked in the mirror, scared at what I'd find. One look in the mirror and I knew it was hopeless.

I quickly pulled my hair up into a messy bun and put on a spot of make up before walking over to my wardrobe. I grabbed a pair of Canterbury sweatpants and a Hollister hoodie before slipping into my high tops and strolling downstairs still half asleep.

I don't know what happened last night and I don't really want to either. I imagined it all. I imagined everything. It was just a dream. A figment of my imagination.Yeah keep telling yourself that. I muttered to myself. If anybody was to walk past me right now they would probably think I'm a mental person, talking to myself.

Strolling into the kitchen I found Sophia eating Froot loops and Alex pouring her a glass of juice. As soon as I opened the door his head shot up and stared at me. His face contorted into an expression of disgust.

"God, what happened you??"

My twin asked, biting back a laugh. I simply threw him the finger and made myself some toast. Alex just held up his hands in surrender, muttering under his breath.

"..that time of month again.."

He said it just loud enough for me to hear him. I scowled at him and he scowled back. I narrowed my eyes. So did he. I tilted my head to the left. So did he. He blinked. I celebrated.

"YAY I WON!!!YOU LOST NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAAH !!!"

I sung childlishly in his face. He was smiling at me then suddenly his expression changed from happy to concentrating, his eyes clouded over and he stood motionless. Then all of a sudden he was back to normal.

"Come on Aimee lets go."

He chirped, grabbing the car keys and dragging me out the door.

Not weird at all !!!

____________________________________

"..and then I just saw black."

I had just finished explaining my dream to the girls. I left out the bit about the book and the letter from my mum. Blair and Kim exchanged worried glances. They looked like they were having a silent conversation or something.

"Hello??"

I said waving my hand in front of their faces. The blinked several times, breaking eye contact and turning to face me.

"Oh..uh..s..sorry."

Kim stuttered. I raised an eyebrow at her before returning to my food. There was a few moments of comfortable silence before a shrill scream filled the cafeteria. All heads turned to see who could make such a highpitched noise.

Cathy.

Of course. I had seen her in the halls bullying people and when I asked who she was Blair told me that the best words to describe her were, and I quote "Grade A bitch"And from what I've heard. Bitch is an understatement. She wasn't your typical 'Mean girl' I mean Kim looked more frightening than the petite girl that was currently throwing a temper tantrum over a broken nail.

Cathy had a big bouncy mop of bright orange hair that framed her pale skin well and beaming brown eyes that carried a hint of malice. I looked over at her once more before turning back to face the girls.

"So...wait where is Ness ??"

Blair and Kims heads whipped round to look where Ness had been seated only moments ago. Blair shrugged.