Chapter Twenty Four

The first thing I noticed when I stood up was how powerful I felt. Then I was overwhelmed with noise. Hundreds of sounds invaded my head screaming at me and making me cringe in pain. My heart was thumping steadily in my chest gradually getting faster as whispers turned to shouts and the twigs snapping sounded as loud as thunder claps. Then there was the voices. They echoed throughout me setting off thousands of sirens in my head but I could not make out what any of them were saying.

"EVERYBODY STOP!!!" A powerful voice boomed making my head shake in terror. All the noise slowed to hushed murmur as they obeyed the demand. It was then that I realised I could lift my head up and listen to my surroundings properly. Looking around I noticed that I recognised a few of the half naked people that were gathered watching me in awe. Some whispering to the person beside them and others just standing hypnotised at the sight.

"Aimee?" My brother stood in front of me, advancing slowly. I scrambled backwards watching his every movement. "It's okay. It's okay." Alex raised his hands into a surrender position."I know you're scared but I will talk you through th-"

A ground shaking roar echoed throughout the forest and I swore I could even see the trees shiver with fear. All heads snapped in the direction of the sound as eyes searched for it's origin. They all looked scared which was a rare sight for me to see Alex fear something. He backed up until he stood in front of me and I didn't refuse when he motioned for a few others to help him shield my inhuman form. Losing my ability to see what was happening I focused more on listening. I heard dozens of footsteps getting closer and closer until suddenly the steady beat stopped. Leaves crunched notifying me that whoever was here was right in front of us. Alex stiffened and I automatically knew whatever was going to happen would not be good.

"What are you doing here, mutt?" A powerful voice demanded making Alex and a few others shift feet uncomfortably. Despite the fear in the atmosphere and the power radiating from that voice a feeling of recognition hit me as the man spoke. "We are sorry Alpha, we did not mean t-" my brother began but was quickly cut off by a low growl. "I don't care what you did or didn't mean! You are trespassing and that could be considered a declaration of war. I know you're new to this Solstice but I didn't know you were stupid. I agreed to help you but I did not agree to bow down to you so don't expect that to ever happen."

I heard a few snickers from the man's side at the mention of my brother being stupid but instead of it humouring me it just made me angry. At the thought of them disrespecting my brother I let out a dark unintentional growl. The people who had gathered in front of me dispersed, standing either side to let the people from the other side see me. A few gasps were heard as I stepped menacingly out of the crowd to assess the people who were scolding my brother. Our numbers were about equal and I also recognised a few people from here. But most shocking of all was as I skimmed the first row of faces and halfway met the eyes of Tyler who was standing rigid next to an angry looking Blake.

"Newly shifted pup?" Blake questioned, not breaking eye contact with my brother who simply nodded. "With a white coat and everything...interesting..." Blake began to circle me looking me up and down but I ignored his intimidating presence and continued to look straight ahead at nothing in particular. "Shift." He demanded after he had finished his assessment.

He dare demand me. Aurelia snorted. Ha! Good luck getting me to do anything with that tone. Aurelia flicked her head away from Blake's direction as to make a statement of her defiance.

The disrespect clearly annoyed him as his eyebrows instantly furrowed even further down his forehead into a deep frown. "Alex tell him to shift back or else I will have to injure him so bad that he doesn't have a choice."

His words angered Aurelia making her turn around and bark at Blake. But Blake didn't even look my way. He was too busy glaring at Alex so I stepped silently behind him and nudged his back with my head. I instantly dropped to the ground, digging my muzzle into the earth to stop the tingling sensation at the tip of my nose. He had zapped me. The bastard had zapped me. I continued to drag my nose against the ground not watching as Blake whipped around to face me before turning back to question my brother.

"What's his name?" He bit out angrily but I could sense a hint of confusion in his voice also. "Who is he?!" He demanded after my brother had not answered. Looking at me with pity, my brother twiddled his thumbs deciding how to say it. "Well... it isn't really a he...it's a she.." He said wincing as Blake exploded.

"A SHE??! That's impossible!!! That legend has already been fulfilled! Don't lie to me Solstice!!!" Blake stepped forward and jabbed a finger into my brothers chest. Wrong move. Next thing I knew there were two very angry guys arguing in a forest.

"I don't care what legend you think did or didn't come true Aimee is a white wolf whether you like it or not." Alex screamed back, noticing he had let slip my name his eyes grew wide.

It took a few seconds to sink in but as soon as it did Blake spun on his heel to face me. "Aimee?" He questioned. "Look at me." I didn't look at him. "Look at me!" He growled out but I didn't look at him. Instead I caught sight of a bird flying away and decided it had a good idea.

So I followed it!

***
Sorry for the bad ending! I got back from The Script concert late last night and I still am not thinking right but I wanted to update since its been a while!!!