Twenty-one

21:
-the pursue of happiness

"She's hitting on you?!"

"Yeah. she's still kinda into me..."

years ago as chae and Jisoo met for the first time, Joy her cousin just happened to be at the scene.

She was 4 years older than her, but always acted around her age. Sooner or later the three of them were constantly hanging out and having video calls till late night.
They were best friends if you could say.

It were the best years of her teenage times until one day Jisoo noticed how Joy started to behave strangely towards her.

Normally Joy was the loud bubbly kind of girl but her whole demeanor just suddenly changed over night.

She was less talkative, but a little more touchy when it came to Jisoo. The unnecessary hands holing, the random cheek kisses and the constant staring— she all endured them thinking it was nothing.

But Joy had crossed the line once she attempted to kiss her on the lips.

Of course Jisoo panicked and gently pushed her away.

Therefore Joy confessed her love and Jisoo was left speechless.
Her best friend for years just had a long time crush on her which she failed to notice.

Not knowing what to say—she ran.

Leaving the heartbroken girl in the middle of the street.

After that Jisoo hid herself in her room without ever clearing things up. She canceled every get-together and luckily her excuses always worked.

But Joy wasn't stupid, she knew that the girl was avoiding her so for the sake of her own heart she never showed up again.

Finally young Jisoo was able to breath freely again without realizing how bad she hurt a certain one's feelings.

"I see.." Taehyung nodded.

Jisoo sighed. "I feel bad. I never cleared things up, but I guess I was just too ignorant to notice how bad i hurt her."
Her eyes were fixed on the glass of wine while they held tears of guilt in them.

She felt Taehyung's arms around her waist and his chin on her shoulder. Just like that he hugged her from the back, while his embrace never failed to give her comfort.

"Don't worry I'll always be by your side."

"Thanks" She smiled warmly at him slowly diving in to plant an kiss against his lips, but stopped halfway once she spotted Joy in distance casually sipping on her fifth glass of wine or so.

Of course this didn't go unnoticed by Taehyung, but seeing Jisoo just bluntly staring at her distant figure was definitely not a solution to her problem. So he gently shoved her forward.

"Problems don't solve by itself, now shu shu and do a good job."

she hesitated for a moment but seemed to come to her senses once she looked at Taehyung's smiling face.

"I will be right back."

Taking deep breaths she finally gathered enough courage to approach the girl with steady steps.