Sixteen

16:
-give me a kiss

Breathing hard Jisoo and Taehyung both ran towards the sickroom number 409. She pushed the elevator button to the forth level, but it seemed like time stopped as she waited for the machine to budge.

Impatiently she sighed and used the stairs. Taehyung was a few feet behind since the small girl took surprisingly big steps at a time.

'Damn she's fast'

At the time Taehyung was still questioning his stamina Jisoo was already touching the door of Park So hee's sickroom with her fiancé clutching on his knees gasping for air.

With her small hands opening the wooden door a rare sight caught her eye.

Rosé hugging while sobbing into her mom's light blue hospital clothing staining it a shade darker. Mrs. Park too had a warm smile on her lips although still weak and attached to all kind of machines and tubes.

A even rarer sight was to see Felix, Chae's younger brother burying his face into a males shoulders whose face she couldn't see.

Since Felix liked to play tough she never thought she was going so see him cry some day.

Never less of all the crying the room it still had an happy and warm atmosphere which made Jisoo smile.

Finally the sick woman seemed to notice A tear eyed Jisoo at the door and signaled her clingy daughter to look at her left.

Still pouting Chae saw her best friend smile and cried even harder.
Jisoo quickly stood at her side so the blond could hug her.

"Unnie! I'm s-o soo-o hap-pyy!" Her hysterical crying made her friend sob too.

"I'm happy t-too wahh"

While crying in each other arms they didn't notice that all eyes in the room were already darted at them.

Taehyung, whilst looking at the girls caught a familiar side profile of a certain friend in the corner of his eyes.

"Jungkook??" As much as he hated to interrupt this heartwarming moment he just couldn't hold back.

Jisoo looked up to found the young male awkwardly smiling at them.

"Jungkook-ssi??"

"Hi." He scratched his nape while having a fading grin on his face.

And then it suddenly clicked in Jisoo's head.
She looked at Jungkook then to Rosé then back to Jungkook.

"He's the guy you've told me about!?" Pointing a finger towards Jungkook looking at the shocked blond in front of her.

"Unnie you know him??"

"Of course, he is my best friend." Taehyung budged in.

"Chaeyoung my dear since when did you have a boyfriend?" Her mom suddenly asked with her brows furrowed.

"No, no. There's nothing going on between us."

"Sure there is—"

"That's not really helpful right now, Jungkook." She sighed. They definitely had a lot of explaining to do.

"Are you sure you don't want us to stay?"
Jisoo asked Rosé while holding her hands in comfort.

"No it's okay, You look tired— I have my useless brother and annoying friend by my side anyways."

"You mean boyfriend-"