six >>> Aden

Knocks appear from the door causing me to open my eyes and look up finding Aden and Indra exchange words

Knocks appear from the door causing me to open my eyes and look up finding Aden and Indra exchange words. I tilt my head and sit up in the bed putting my hands into my jacket pockets. I stay silent till Indra leaves and shuts the door but Aden stays and looks to me.

"Hey Aden," I say smiling softly. He nods, his face emotionless. I tilt my head to the side scanning his face. "You don't need to do that. Nobody's around. It's just me."

"Heda asked for me to look over you for a bit," Aden finally speaks. I nod and look away.

"Thank you but seriously Aden you can put down your sword. We're the only two in here-" I pause a second seeing the hesitation in his eyes so I do what I can. I pull out one of my hands from my pocket and pat the bed beside me. "Come on, I promise I won't tell." A small smile inched to the young boys face as he nods and takes his sword placing it up against the wall by the door. Once he does that he turns and heads toward the bed. I reposition myself and sit criss crossed on the bed as he sits beside me on the edge of the bed. I tilt my head keeping a gentle smile on my lips looking to the young boy.

"I'm glad they got you back," Aden said turning his head to face me.

"Me too. I'm sorry about Titus. I know he trained you and the other nightbloods," I respond. A somewhat sad expression crosses Aden's face but he shakes his head dismissing the look.

"He was good a trainer." He put on a brave face. I shake my head looking away sort of upset.

"You don't need to do that around me you know? I know the commander and the rest of Trikru want you to act a certain way but around me you don't have to act... act all tough or like an adult. You're a kid."

"I'm a nightblood Y/N. I have to be prepared." I nod at his words picking up my head and looking to him.

"I get that but at least around me, please? You act like there's nothing to worry about. You have fun. Hell I'll even take you and we can prank Nik."

"Prank?" A chuckle escapes my lips glancing away from the boy after seeing his confused face.

"Like a trick- Please tell me you know what a trick is-" I look to the boy and he tilts his head for a moment before slowly nodding. A chuckle escapes my lips as I shake my head. "Okay sure Aden."

"I do-I do! I saw someone in the village do one!" He said trying to prove to me. I remain quiet with an amused look across my face waiting for him to tell me about it. "He took a torch and set this woman's stand on fire!" My amused look drops from my face and for a moment I'm concerned and then I can't help but laugh.

"Aden, honey no-" I pause a moment laughing some more. "That-That wasn't a prank that was just cruel." My laughter continues as I glance to the boy. He looked downright confused and I kept laughing gently bumping my arm into his.

"Oh... Well then what... prank do you have in mind?" Aden tilts his head as my laughter dies down. I let my mind start rolling when I get a good idea.