sixteen >>> night blood island: part 1

"We may have found a way," I speak into the radio sitting down in a room within the ark

"What's the way?" Lexa asks back, a concernness rising in her voice.

"Night blood," I respond and flick my eyes to the window. "Luna rejected the radiation. The kid didn't. And what makes them different is their blood."

"So what do we do?"

"I'm going to go with Abby and a group to this place Jaha found where Becca had made night blood originally- " I pause a second tearing my eyes away from the window and to the ground. "We're going to find a way to make more night blood to save all of us."

"Maybe I should come too-"

"Lexa no," I say cutting the commander off. "You should stay in Polis, make sure our people don't panic. They need you."

"Y/N, I should be there with you."

"Lexa I'll be fine-" I pause a second and close my eyes. "I have a group of people with guns. It'll be fine. I promise." A silence takes over and I bite my lip feeling my leg begin to bounce up and down.

"Okay... I trust you-" Lexa pauses a moment then continues. "Please be careful."

"I will... Ai hod yu in."

"Ai hod yu in." A small smile spreads to my lips as I turn the walkie down and lean back placing it on my belt. I stand up straight just in time for the door to open. There I'm met with Miller. I give him a smile receiving one back as he motions for me to follow. I nod and walk beside him as we make our way through the Ark till we get outside. There a group gathers. Murphy, Abby, Raven, Luna, Nyko, couple guardsman and Emori. Small talk gathers around them. I stand still holding the grips of a small backpack. I don't have the one I came to the ground with. I completely forgot about it. I really need to ask Lexa if she knows where it is.

"Hey," I hear a voice next to me. I pick up my head and glance to my right to find Clarke. "You sure you want to go?"

"I have too," I respond shrugging my shoulders. Clarke nods her head and I look away from her for a second looking to everyone else who still gather in conversation. "You're not going to try and talk me out of it?"

"You're your own person Y/N. I can't decide for you," Clarke responds causing me to look at the girl shocked by her words. "Don't give me that look-"

A small chuckle escapes my lips as I shake my head. "Sorry, it's just weird hearing you say that after all this time."

"I realized what I was doing and I know I made a promise to protect you and keep you safe, I did my best-" Clarke pauses facing her body towards me. I follow her movement. "You've shown me you're more than capable to save yourself. Just like Octavia showed Bellamy."

"Right—Wait where is Octavia?" I ask looking around realizing I haven't seen her.

"She went back to Polis." I nod briefly and look back to Clarke. She reaches up her hands placing them on my shoulders giving me a small smile. "Be safe out there."