twenty-eight >>> ritual battle: part II

Rapid, heavy drum beats are played as I walk behind some of the strongest of the clans

Rapid, heavy drum beats are played as I walk behind some of the strongest of the clans. I keep my head held high clenching my jaw as we walk out. It felt weird, intense. My mind swirled with many things. One what the hell am I doing? Can I do this? And so on. We walk out and I feel a guy beside me get close. I barely look out of the corner of my eye to him as he keeps his eyes straight ahead.

"You've kom op a long edei. Shame Ai souda frag op Yu (You've come a long way. Shame I'll have to kill you)," he spoke before walking an opposite wide. I clench my jaw and walk to the other side shaking my head briefly as the drums beat through me, louder than ever. I get to the Skaikru flag and stand beside pulling out the sword Indra gave me standing up tall.

My eyes look straight ahead, feeling nervous. The weight of the world seemed like it was on my shoulders at the moment. There's the chance I could die today. Again. There's a possibility I could win this thing. There's a chance of many things at the moment but I'm just not quite sure how this is going to work, or go. Octavia's right though. I've managed to go unseen and unknown on the Ark for a while and on the ground. If I use that to my advantage then possibility is I can sit the whole thing somewhere and find myself lucky. Or I fight and take the chance of dying.

A loud horn is blown echoing through the air. My breath hitches and I stand there a second hearing shouting. I sink my teeth into my bottom lip and gently, quietly shake myself off. After a second more I swing my sword and slowly take off out of my little spot by my flag.

I'm light on my feet, looking every which way. My eyes are never not looking. The grounds wet. Swords are clinking and there's a lot of my shouting. People are bound to be dead any second. I bite my lip sinking down low as I inch up to a barrier and looking through a crack. When I do my eyes spot a really huge dude swinging his what appears like an axe at King Roan. He dodges however with his shield but the big guy keeps coming at him. Roan backs up and I shift in my position multiple times watching them but make sure to stay on guard. But as they keep backing up I feel myself shake my head and turn quickly.

I take off and make a right, making sure to check all my corners. I walk past a set of barriers and look to my right before looking to my left. There my eyes go a bit wide but I stare at him as he swings one of his swords in his hand turning his body to face me.

"Gou gon ai op hanch you've learned (Time to see how much you've learned)," he spoke but before he got the chance to run at me I turn swiftly to where I came and run that way, turning briefly to the side and pulling down something. It falls down in front of me and I hurry along, taking off again feeling myself slip some in the gravel. But I keep running hearing the guy coming until I notice something.

I tilt my head and a soft smirk inches my lips as I run and drop to my knees, grabbing a part of metal that resembled a square door. I pull it with me as I get underneath a bunch of stuff. I keep my weight up against the door feeling the guy run up it and on top. I hold my breathe waiting there patiently, quietly. But slowly crawl away and underneath more rumble till I see Roan and that big guy again. I stay on my stomach knowing I'm hidden. Roan stands tall with the guys axe as the guy stays looking phased. And within moments Roan swings down and hits the guy hard on the head, causing him to fall to the ground. My head flies to the left clenching my jaw. Then I hear someone land.