thirteen >>> leave

"You sure this is to work?" Aden questions as I look over the edge with the bucket full of water next to me

"Well I mean not really but Nik walks this route every day at this time or we'll close to this time," I respond leaning back and glancing to the boy. His eyes lock with mine and he's giving me a puzzling look. A chuckle escapes my lips as I reach over and grab his shoulder squeezing it gently. "Trust me."

"I do...But maybe not on this," he responds causing me to tilt my head and let my jaw drop. I place my hand on my chest and shake my head.

"I am offended!" I exclaim and his eyes bug out of his head. Quickly I laugh and shake my head. "Aden chill! I was kidding!"

"You always do that to me." Another chuckles escapes from my lips as I shake my head from side to side again looking back over the edge. My eyes go wide and I grab my bucket.

"He's coming-" I pause quickly and out of the corner of my eye see the night blood grab his own bucket pulling it over in front of him. "Okay on the count of 3 we pour the water, got it?" I see the boy nod and I nod back. "1...2...3!" As three leaves my lips both of us begin pouring the water down over the edge just as Nik walks by. He stands in one spot causing the whole surrounding grounders to look as he shouts. But as our buckets become empty I back up pulling Aden with me. I look to him and he looks to me.

"Now we run like our lives depend on it but don't get caught," I say and point past him. Quickly he gets up and I say, "stay low but go fast." He does as I say when he gets up. I follow suite hearing Nik shouting but Aden and I get into the tower and run throughout until we go through the main floor and out the back door. Aden go to take a left, but I quickly grab his hand pulling him to the right and run that way. Yet within moments I can hear Nik and dash for the bushes dragging Aden with me. We get to the bushes but before we can get there I hear Aden fall and my eyes go wide. I stop running and sit down next to him.

"Act like we've been here the whole time," I whisper seeing Nik coming around the corner. I look at Aden and see him nod. And right on cue Nik comes walking towards us looking angrier than ever.

"Nik, did you go for a swim?" Aden asks looking to the grounder. A proud smile inches to my lips as Nik glares at Aden and then me but continues walking on. My eyes follow the grounder until he passes. I look to Aden and hold up my hand getting a high five from the boy as we both laugh. "Okay now that was cool!"

"See told you it'd be fun," I say and lean towards him hitting him slightly with my shoulder. He nods a smile on his face and he goes to speak but a voice interrupts him causing both of us to look up. There stood Indra tall with one hand on her sword and the other placed down at her side.

"Aden the night bloods are training," Indra said looking to the boy. I glance to Aden seeing his smile gone but he looks to me giving me a small smile. I nod at him and he gets up rushing to gather with the other night bloods. Once he's gone I look to Indra and stand up nodding my head once at her beginning to walk but notice her walking with me. A smile rises to my lips as I cup my hand behind my back, continuing to walk.