thirty- one >>> to be continued

"Do you think this is going to work?" Lexa questions me

"Do you think this is going to work?" Lexa questions me. I pick up my head and look to her finding her staring at me. Slowly I nod my head and she clenched her jaw. "What's wrong? You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm okay-" I pause a second, standing up briefly. "I have to talk with Raven. You should help Clarke and Bellamy figure out what we have to do."

"Talk about what?" Lexa questions and I shake my head running my hand through my hair. I step forwards and grab a hold of the commander's hand.

"It's nothing to worry about Lex. It's just about how she coded when we were in the city of light," I whisper and Lexa gently smiles, nodding her head. I give her a gentle smile back leaning forward and locking our lips. Our eyes close and I feel on of her hands let go of mine and rest on my cheek. I let my face settle into it and the kiss before we slowly pull away, resting our foreheads on each other.

"Everything's going to be alright my love," Lexa whispers. I nod my head, keeping my eyes closed. "We'll all be okay. I'm make sure of that."

"I know Lexa-" I pause and pull away opening my eyes. "We should get out there." Lexa nods and drops her hand. We turn on our heels and head for the door, heading out to where everyone was.

"It's 210 miles from Polis to the island-" Raven Raven says staring at a monitor. Everyone was. "According to what was our last drone, the wave is accelerating. If we're not off the ground at least 20 minutes before it hits, the electromagnetic charge in the pyroclastic cloud will shut down the rocket's avionics, meaning it won't fly. That gives us 90 minutes to run a 6-hour preflight check, retrieve the oxygen generator frmo the lighthouse, turn a cockpit designed for two into one that can carry 8, and load the cargo hold with enough food to keep us from starving in space while we wait for algae to bloom."

"I thought you said it was gonna be hard," Murphy said, with his arms crossed.

Raven glanced to him and shook her head. "That's not the hard part. Becca designed her rocket to dock with Polaris, not the ark. That means I have to pilot it into the hangar bay on the ring," she explained.

"What's so hard about that?" Harper asked causing me to cross my own arms over my chest looking to the olive skinned girl.

"That's not the hard part, either," Raven said.

"What is the hard part, Raven?" Clarke spoke, her voice uneasy.

Assuming we blast off in time, CO2 scrubbers on a two person rocket won't support 10 of us," Raven answered Clarke.

"So we use supplemental oxygen," I say clenching my jaw.

"Our tanks only hold an hour of air," Monty tells us.

"Correct. We'll have one hour to get into orbit, land in the hangar bay, and fire up the life-support system using an oxygen generator built to supply a lighthouse bachelor pad," Raven further explains.