twelve >>> heard

Darkness

Darkness. Silence. There wasn't anything here but flashes of memories flooding my head anytime I close my eyes. Yet when they're open I still see nothing.

Foot by foot, slowly walking around on solid ground. There is no pain. There is no feeling at all. Not anymore. I stop walking and close my eyes seeing flashes of beautiful green eyes and a soft gentle smile. But it doesn't last long as I hear a gun shot. My eyes jolt open finding a dark figure standing in front of me with a gun pointed at me. Their head tilts to the side as I slowly look down spotting blood seeping through my shirt. I go to reach up my hand to hold it over the wound when I hear another gunshot. My head flies open feeling my body stumble back, but my eyes land on the figure and on the gun. And before I can speak or shout the gun is fired again.

I jolt up feeling sweat overwhelm me and drip off of me. My breathes are heavy as I look straight ahead in the dark room. I glance down a moment replaying the dream in my head even though it felt real, but before I can process any of it I hear my name from behind me and a hand on my shoulder. Slowly I glance over my shoulder and meet soft concerned green eyes. I give her a soft smile as she tilts her head to the side and sits up further.

"What's wrong? You're crying," she whispers as her eyes go back and forth between mine. Swiftly I look away and reach up to my eyes wiping at them. Yet Lexa's hand squeezes my shoulder before I feel her fingers pinch my chin. I drop my hand from my eyes as she pulls my head back to face her. When she does our eyes lock immediately and I bite my lip shaking my head.

"It's just a bad dream," I say gently, but her eyes still remain concerned. She hesitantly drops her hand from my chin and tilts her head.

"Tell me about it."

"Lexa just go back to sleep. I'm fine." I go to get up, ready to slip out of the bed but feel Lexa's fingers wrap around my wrist stopping me. I turn my head to lock our eyes. "Please you should rest-"

"Y/N come on. Talk to me-" Lexa pauses then continues. "We're suppose to be in this together, right? Talk to me... What happened?" I clench my jaw and drop my gaze from her. Gently I nod and she lets go of my wrist as I reposition myself in the bed. I lean my back up against the headrest feeling the bed shake as Lexa follows suit.

"I-I woke up in a dark space," I start with but look straight ahead avoiding Lexa's green eyes. "Anytime I-I would close my eyes I saw your eyes... And then I would start walking but when I did I felt a gunshot."

"Y/N..." Lexa's voice trails off concern in her voice. I bite my lip and close my eyes a second. As I take a moment I can feel Lexa grab a hold of my hand. I squeeze it gently holding her hand in my lap and clenching my jaw.