twenty-five >>> inside the head

Flames

Flames. Heat. Smoke. I cough hard quickly picking up my shirt and covering my mouth and nose. I crawl on the ground avoiding the smoke rising up above but I can't see anything. My eyes water as I look around trying to decipher what was actually going on. All I could see was flames and the house, the building I'm in being destroyed.

Another couple coughs escapes my lips as I near a door. Gently I reach up my hand and grab a hold of the knob feeling a burning sensation against my arm, but I push myself. I grab a hold of the knob and turn it, pushing it open. As soon as I open it I crawl forward only to feel myself falling and piercing screams escape my lips. Yet it doesn't last long before I land on something soft. The room I'm in now glows of white. Quickly I scan the room getting up off of the bed.

My eyes scan slowly soon spotting a door. I tilt my head seeing it slowly open. I bite my bottom lip watching a girl walk in with a small radio. I tilt my head stepping forward and separating my lips ready to speak, but the girl turns swiftly and leaves making sure to shut the door behind her. I keep my head tilted confused as to what's going on when I hear the radio begin to speak.

"You need to be careful Y/N," the radio spoke causing me to slowly inch towards it. "What Raven did for you wasn't suppose to happen. Becca wanted Raven to do it A.L.I.E didn't."

"Okay so why didn't A.L.I.E stop it?" I question, not knowing if this is already recorded or if it's actually listening to me.

"She couldn't stop it because of Heda," the radio voice pauses then continues. "But A.L.I.E did put in place things that could cause you harm. I'm here to warn you about those things."

"The hell are you talking about?"

"You've been experiencing nightmares. Before coming here you experienced a fire, before that the commander went to kill you, you also seen yourself over top of Lexa. There will be move-"

"More? No I can't go through this!" I shout, cutting the radio off.

"I know. There's ways to override it-" the radio pauses again, their voice calm. "You need to talk about it Y/N to somebody. You have to make sure you're taking care of yourself, get sleep. I know the sleep is a little hard with the nightmares but they'll slowly fade with time."

"I can't go to sleep. This isn't helping-"

"Listen closely. If you don't talk about what you are experiencing, you could possibly die in your nightmare." My eyes grow wide as I shake my head slowly stumbling backwards. "So please. If you want to live and you want make it through life with the love of your life, I need you to do as I say. Understood?"

I sink my teeth into my bottom lip dropping my head while closing my eyes. I stand there a moment letting everything sink in when finally I pick up my head and open my eyes. "I understand. What do I have to do, say?"