nineteen >>> overwhelming

"I'm not letting go!" I shout looking at Lexa holding onto her hand for dear life

"I'm not letting go!" I shout looking at Lexa holding onto her hand for dear life. Her eyes are soft looking at me. Tears slowly filling her eyes.

"Y/N... You have too," Lexa whispers walking forward to me and bringing up her free hand gently placing it on my cheek. Her thumb rubs back and forth as I feel her pull me closer to her. Our foreheads rest against one another and for a moment I feel safe, relaxed. I close my eyes and can only the sound of both of our breathes.

"Say you won't let go... Please," I whisper keeping my eyes closed but could feel Lexa's eyes on me. I bite my lip feeling tears slipping down my cheeks once more. "I don't want to lose you."

"You're not going to lose me-" the commander pauses and I feel her hand I hold onto slip out of my hold and bring up to my other cheek. "Look at me..."

My eyes flutter open and that's where I meet beautiful green ones. I look away a moment feeling Lexa lift up my head locking our eyes once more.

"If anything, anything happens know I'll always be with you..." her voice trails and she leans in locking our lips. I close my eyes tilting my head as does she. We stand there for a few moments before she pulls away. My eyes burst open shaking my head when all I see is nothing but fire and people dead around me. My eyes go wide, fear sinking inside of me gripping the handle of an object in my hand. Swiftly my eyes advert down spying a sword I hold onto dearly. My eyes go up and down finding blood at the end of it. I clench my jaw looking away and up scanning the area with heat hitting my skin.

Slowly I begin walking. My eyes looking everywhere when I feel something stinging my arm. I flinch and reach over with my free hand grabbing a hold of my arm. For a moment I stand there and slowly lift my sleeve finding burn marks going up my arm. My eyes grow wide shaking my head back and forth as a scream appears in the distance. Instantly I pick up my head and run in the direction of the screams. And before long I stop spying someone on the ground with someone standing over them.

"Hey!" I shout, inch by inch getting closer. But with inch step a take the more I can see who the two people are. The more I can see who the person is whom lays on the ground. "LEXA!"

Tears overwhelm my eyes and I go into a full sprint when I immediately stop as a sword is brought right underneath my chin, slightly poking my neck. I stare down at it before slowly trailing my eyes up to the sword and meeting my own pair of eyes.

"Hey, hey you okay?" Luna asks as I jump awake. I look around trying to catch my breathes feeling hands around me. My eyes look barely to the side finding Luna and quickly push her away. I get up from the couch and stand up against a wall looking to her as my breathes are still uneven.

"I'm sorry," she slowly speaks raising up her arms in defense and rising from where she sat on the couch with me. "You were shaking in your sleep and whispering things before you screamed."