twenty-two >>> Murphy and Emori

All of us are gathered

All of us are gathered. From me, to Lexa, Raven, Murphy, Emori, Jackson, Miller, Luna, Clarke, Abby and the guy Clarke, Murphy and Emori brought back with them. However he was put into the radiation chamber pinned down. I don't even know if this is going to work. None of us do. It's honestly terrifying considering we don't know what to expect and if this turns sideways we've possibly just killed someone.

"Vital signs are strong. Jackson, seal the chamber," Abby speaks up looking up from the computer. I take in a deep breath and stand up straight while crossing my arms over my chest.

"Copy that-" Jackson pauses walking over and hitting a few buttons. "He's ready."

"Yeah. But are we?" Raven questions. A bunch of us turn and look to her. I myself do and find her eyes on Abby, Clarke and Jackson who stand on the other side of us.

"The guy's a monster," Emori speaks. I slightly glance over my shoulder looking to her and Murphy, but I look away just as fast.

"We've been over this. None of us wants to do this, but the death wave will be here in 10 days. Luna's stem cells grafted successfully. Baylis is making nightblood on his own. This really is our only hope," Clarke explains looking to all of us.

"We really still talking about this? Black rain is already here. 18 people died in it yesterday at Arkadia, so if nightblood can let us walk around in it, I, for one, want to know about that," Murphy said and I slowly nod looking at the guy in the chamber.

"Okay. Jackson, proceed," Abby says as Jackson nods and focuses on the device in front of him.

"Copy that. Initiating. 500 REM. 850-" He pauses a second all eyes on Baylis. "This is where we'd see symptoms in a non-nightblood."

"BP is 100 over 50. Body temp is 98.7. Resting comfortably," Abby informs everyone as Clarke walks up next to the chamber and bends a bit. Her eyes analyze the man. I think at this point we all were waiting to see if this will actually work. I think I can speak for all of us when I say, we're all hoping and praying it does.

"No visible effects," Clarke spoke up.

"1,000 REM. 1,500," Jackson said upping the spectrum.

"All good here," Abby announces.

"2,000 REM, the level of the black rain."

"Still nothing. It's working," Clarke said standing up a bit. My eyes scanned the man for a second longer before shifting my eyes to Lexa who wondered over to where Luna and Abby were. I look away and reach one of my hands up, placing my fingers over my lips switching my eyes back to the chamber.

"2,500," Jackson says upping it again but as he does something starts beeping. I clench my jaw and glance around seeing Murphy grab a hold of Emori's hand. I look to Raven next seeing her clenching her own jaw. I look back to the chamber as Baylis starts screaming inside there. I step forward shaking my head seeing his skin start to turn red and a rash beginning to form rapidly.