Chapter 3: Secrets aren't Always Secret

He kissed me. He kissed me. I kept repeating it in my head. He kissed me. The boy I've been crushing on for over ten years just kissed me. I was at home now. I walked through the door with a crazy big smile on my face. Ellis and Leo were sitting on the couch watching T.V. The three of us shared the home.

"What's up with you?" Leo asked me. I snapped out of my dreamy state. I couldn't tell them. I mean it was Ellis's brother. And I am his subordinate which is totally against the rules. I quickly came up with a lie and ran upstairs. I went into my room and shut the door. It was now like 3 am. I needed to talk to somebody about what had just happened. I would usually tell Ellis or Leo, but as we've already discussed, I can't. Then I would probably call my dad, but he's on the board, if he knew a fellow was kissing an intern he would have to report it. Also, I don't want to talk to my father about something like this.

I eventually went to bed and dreamt about what happened in the on call room the night before. I was on Nero today, with Zola. Another one of Bailey's sisters.

Zola also knew who my parents were, I grew up with her and her siblings and all of my parent's friends' kids. She was also a legacy kid. With parents like Meredith Grey and Derek Shepherd it was obvious from day one she would be a successful doctor.

Zola looked at me like she knew something I didn't as I walked up to her.

"You kissed Bailey." She shouted in a whisper. Trying to keep this huge secret quiet. I was taken aback. How did she know, and did others know. My face turned red, and I smirked a little.

"How did you know? And he kissed me."

"He called me last night, telling me he kissed this girl he has liked, like forever. He's had many crushes in his lifetime, but the main one I can remember was you." She revealed his secret. I was shocked. Bailey liked me back. OMG. Bailey liked me back.

"We can never talk about this again. He can never know we had this conversation." She winked at me and we walked into the patient's room.

"Kepner A-, Kepner present." She told me trying to hide my secret identity to the many people in the room.

"Kyle Smith, came in last night from the fire with second degree burns on his arms, a CT scan revealed a meningioma in the frontal lobe that we will be removing later today."

"Great, start prepping him," She told me.

A couple hours later I was walking on the catwalk when I ran into Sofia. She's the Peds attending, like her mom.

"What did you do?" She questioned me looking at my guilty looking face.

"What do you mean?"

"Your face, you-you did something, and I want to know what." I grabbed her hand and brought her over to the wall where we could talk in private, kind of.

"Okay, but you can't tell anyone. Bailey kissed me." Her eyes widened and her face lit up.

"Bailey? As in Bailey? Bailey Grey-Shepherd?" she was just as shocked as I was, but then her pager went off. I saw Bailey come around the corner. He heard the conversation I had just had with Sofia didn't he. Damn it.

"You told?" he asked me. He was genuinely mad.

"You told Zola."

""Yea but- you no what you're-you're right. It's fine. It's fine." He walked away. He was mad. I don't know why though. He doesn't get the right. I wasn't mad when he told his sister.

My pager went off. It was Zola. When I got to Kyle's room her and Sofia were talking...about me. They stopped as soon they saw me and they told me why they paged me.

"Kyle's repeat scans show that his tumor is growing, and fast. We have to do the surgery now instead of in a couple hours." Sofia revealed the patient's fate. We wheeled him up into the O.R. and went into the scrub room to scrub.

"You have to spill." Zola started

"There's nothing to tell, I was crying in the on call room, he sat down next to me, we shared this incredible moment, and then he kissed me."

"So by nothing you mean everything." Zola asked

"Was it amazing?" Sofia asked

"It was very...dreamy." I laughed. I still couldn't get over it. Sofia and Zola looked at each other and smiled. They walked into the O.R. and I followed behind them.

We finished the surgery with clear margins. It was a simple surgery with no complications.

"Lets go update the family." Zola was talking to me. We went down to the waiting room. We found the Smith family, they were all scared but they were all hopeful.

"Kyle is fine, he is in the ICU. I will bring you up when he's awake." Zola told the family good news. The entire family sighed with relief. Everything was fine in the world. Almost everything. I saw Bailey. He was still mad at me I could tell, but he was also waving me over. I followed him into an on-call room and I think you know where it went from there.

"Does this actually mean anything, or is this just you being mad at me and needing to do something with all this built up anger?" Bailey walked out the room without saying a word.