Chapter 10: Untill

He was leaning outside his window. He was shirtless. It was hot.

"What are you doing here."

"I told you to fight for me."

"Yea"

'And you did"

"Yea"

"And i'm ready....I want you Bailey, I need you, I-I love you."

He smiled. Oh god. I wanted to melt. His smile was bright. Even though it was like almost midnight, his smile was still shining, illuminating the back lawn of his house. He turned away. For a second I thought that I was wrong, that he didn't want me anymore. But as fast as that thought came, it left. He ran out the back door of his house and jumped into my arms. We kissed. We shared another, special moment.

Everything was perfect.

Until.

I walked into my house. A couple weeks after that night in Bailey's backyard. I heard Leo screaming from the back of the house. He was sobbing. I ran over and saw him covered in blood. Ellis layed on the floor next to him.

Dead.

A raggedy piece of ripped up notebook paper was laying on the counter

"They say people were put on this earth for a reason. For a purpose. I tried. Oh, I tried to find mine for so long. Until I realized, my purpose was to not be here at all....."

Blood was splattered on the note. My best friend. The only person who ever knew me. The only person who ever knew that I was hurting. Was in so much more pain, and I never even knew.

I looked at her lifeless body. Covered in scars. She was in so much pain. And I didn't even notice. It was my fault.

For the first time since I walked through the door I looked at Leo. Sitting there with his person in his arms.

He looked back up at me.

"How?"

He couldn't muster any more words.

She was the one without a heartbeat, but he was the one who died. She could be happy now. Right? She was in a better place. That's what they say.

She found happiness. She may have been lying on the floor without a heartbeat but she was finally happy.

But him? He was going to live with this guilt for the rest of his life, thinking it was his fault. And I would do the same. Wondering how we could have changed things. Wondering. Wondering. Wondering.

"It's hard to lose the one person that means the world to you. But it's even harder when you know it's your fault." He was sobbing again. He was broken now.

"Shut up! This isn't your fault. This isn't anyone's fault. She was in pain, and she couldn't tell anyone. She thought that this was the best thing. And maybe it wasn't. But....Sometimes happiness just skips over a few people and there's nothing you can do to change that."