Chapter 4: Ruined

*A couple weeks later*

"He's coming back, and his mother is coming this time." Avery started fangirling over my father again. Wait. His mother. My grandmother was coming. Now don't get me wrong I love my grandmother but she can be very judgy of me sometimes to say the least. She always wanted what's best for me, but she also wanted what's best for her. And that was me becoming a surgeon. I like being a doctor as much as the next girl but it was never a dream of mine. I knew that if I followed in my parents footsteps I would always be in their shadow, but I became one anyway because I didn't want to disappoint my grandmother. I'm still not sure if it was the right choice.

My childhood was great. I had a big home. I had a loving family. I had everything a little girl could ever want. But today I thought back on my childhood a lot for some reason. I look back and I feel guilty. My life wasn't always sunshines and rainbows like everyone thought it was. I never got to complain or express my emotions to anybody because they said that I was spoiled and that I was a brat and a drama queen or diva. I lived in a Penthouse. I wasn't allowed to be upset. And I listened to them. They were right. I had everything I wanted and I was spoiled, but I still have feelings.

My pager went off. It was my attending, Mikey Parker-cardio- paging me to the pit. When I got down there I was told to check a patient in bed one.

"So, I hear you are having some chest pains?"

"Yea, I had some bad-" The guy started seizing mid sentence.

"Lets page Nero, and fast!" Quickly, but not fast enough, Harry James came. He's the big fancy Nero God. He was gross and I freaking hated him. But, he is Ellis' biggest crush, little did she know he doesn't like her. Unfortunately enough, he likes me.

We took care of our patient as well as we could before he died. I was still thinking about my childhood hours later. I'd been trying to hide my emotions, but I think a few tears might have accidentally escaped. I was walking in one of the many hallways when I saw my father. I didn't even think twice before I jumped into his arms. I sunk into his chest. We just stood like that. People were staring. They probably all thought I was some kind of crazy fan. At that moment, though, I didn't feel there glances like I usually did, I felt like I was home. In his arms I was home.

A couple hours later I ran into Bailey. It was the first time I saw him after that day we fought. He looked like some kind of weight was lifted off of his chest. I put in my headphones to try and ignore him, but it didn't work.

"I heard about what happened with your dad earlier. You okay."

"I think so," I tried chuckling it off, but I was actually kind of embarrassed. I looked at him. He was smiling. His smile was big and bright, and I could just melt in it. My mouth creeped into a smile as well. He started walking towards me. He picked me up and spun me around. We were laughing. My headphone fell out and my music started blasting, Speak Now-Taylor Swift. We started laughing even harder. We were happy. Everything was just perfect.

Our moment was cut short when I got a page from Parker saying 'Jackson Avery needs to speak with you in the conference room.'

When I got down there I opened the door to find an empty room with nothing in there but my father. This was good, I wouldn't have to face my grandma, at least not yet.

"Are you okay?" He was laughing, but deep down I know that he was being genuinely serious. He knew I didn't like people knowing I was his daughter. So when I held him tightly in the middle of the hospital, something had to be wrong.

"No...." I didn't know how to answer him. I said no. I wasn't okay.I started to break down. My eyes were filled with tears and my entire body ached. He looked at me, he needed to know what was wrong. Then for some reason I got mad at him. I still don't know why. He was just trying to help.

"No, okay! I'm not. My parents got divorced, before I was born. My brother died before I was born. My entire life crumbled down around me before I was even alive, before I existed!" I stopped for a second. Then his mom came in. She was looking at me weird, like she was mad at me for expressing how I truly felt.

I stormed out of the room and ran into Avery, Freddie and Mason, who apparently didn't only see me hugging him but also just heard the entire conversation I just had with him, so they now knew. My entire class knew who I was. It was only a matter of time before the rest of the hospital knew too.