Chapter 5

*Underline* is English and lyrics

'Italics' are thoughts

Y/n POV:

Ding, dong

Ding, dong

Ding, dong

Ding, dong

The final bell rings, signifying the end of the day. I slowly get out of my desk and gather my things, preparing to head home.

'Well, today was pretty eventful. I talked to 2 new people and it didn't end in a complete disaster. And the fact that I was staring at both of them makes it even stranger. Like if I see someone staring at me on the train or in class, I would want to stay away from them.'

I sighed, gathering up my final things.

'It seems that fate has a different plan for me.'

I look over at Uenoyama, slightly glaring. He notices me and turns his head to face me.

"What's your issue?" he asks, clearly annoyed by my gaze.

"Why won't you teach him how to play?" I ask, slightly raising my voice, grabbing a few bystander's attention.

"I've never taught anyone before. And that's all I'll say about that. I don't even know his name. Shit, I don't even know your name," he says while increasing his volume, it's obvious he's irritated.

"Is that your way of asking for my name? I'm offended! You don't even know my name after sitting next to me since the beginning of the year," I say with fake-hurt in my voice, knowing I have no place to question whether or not he knows my name. I didn't even know his name 'til this morning.

He chooses to ignore my statement and walked out of class, probably heading home.

'I f*cked up, didn't I?' I think as he walks out. 

'I'll deal with it later. It sounds like a future Y/n problem,'  I tell myself, not in the mood to deal with a hormonal teenager.

I headed out the door, walking down to the entrance to pick up my outdoor shoes.

'Wait, I'm a hormonal teenager and I constantly deal with myself. Does that mean I don't like myself or does it mean if there was a clone of me, I wouldn't be able to deal with myself? Oh wow, now I'm in a dilemma,' I think as I put away my school shoes and put on my street shoes, walking out of the school, heading towards the station.

'Why are my thoughts so messed up? I guess this what I get for isolating myself away from social interaction; constant internal conversations and bits of social anxiety whenever I try to talk to someone new. I bet I could write down a book full of my thoughts and you would only be able to scratch the surface,' I continued to think, finally approaching the station.

I slightly look around, not wanting to be alone with my thoughts anymore. As soon as I see a familiar mop of brown, edging on pink hair, holding a big-ass guitar case, I stopped my search.

"Hey, Mafuyu!" I lightly shout, walking over to the quiet boy. 

'I forgot we take the same train back. I would say this is a coincidence, but clearly, I just forgot.'

He turns to look at me, his face slightly brightens once he sees me.

"Hi... um..." he quietly replies, almost rummaging for something in his head.