Chapter 16

*Underline* is English and lyrics

Y/n POV:

'Ok, now where do I go?' I think as I leave the bathroom. One would think that after being here a few times I would be able to find my way around the place. However, since I have no sense of direction and navigating this studio is harder than it looks. 'Shit, I'm probably late by now,' I think as I see the front desk again.

"No, no, it's fine, Y/n, just take a deep breath in," I say to myself, trying to calm my aching head. I find that whenever something mildly inconvenient happens, my head starts to throb and I get a headache.

'Ok, the room should be down that hallway. From there I should remember,' I think to myself as I put my earbuds in and scroll through my songs to find one that might calm me down. Music, at least relaxing music, has always made me relax and focus more on the singing and beat, instead of the things on my mind. Apparently, when I was a little kid, my parents would put on relaxing baby music in the car so I would fall asleep. Every time it would work and I'm surprised Mom doesn't use it when I stay up late playing the drums. Sometimes the music would work too well in the car because both Mom and Dad would begin to nod off, almost making the car crash multiple times. After the fifth time, they stopped playing it in the car, prioritizing our safety over a child, who was always complaining about how tired they were.

'The stories are pretty funny now that I think about it,' I chuckle to myself as I find a good song to play as I walk down the hallway, trying to find the studio room.

( Like Strangers Do by AJ Mitchell. By now, I'm sure you know where the video is, lol)

I miss the taste of your lips on Sunday

And the sound of your laugh

When I said something funny

But nobody heard it

Except for you

'Left or right' I think as I reach an intersection. 'Uhh... can't go wrong with left.' I turn to go left.

And my mom still asks bout you

I lie and say we're friendly

Cause I don't have it in me

To tell the truth

'Now, which door?' I think as I see 2 doors in front of me. I look through the window of one and see another band practicing. 'Nope.'

You and me what are we if we're not together

We could be nothing cause nothing last forever

'And that's a closet,' I think as I open the other door. I head back to the intersection. 'I guess I can go wrong with left.'

If you saw me on the train

Would you look the other way

Like strangers do

And if you passed me on the street

Would you look down at your feet