Chapter 32: "The One"

To say that the wedding planning was hectic would be an extreme understandment. You had expected to have a busy week, but this was outright crazy. You were running from appointment to appointment, making sure everything was properly organized. You wanted Alisa and Haru to be as unstressed as possible, so you offered to do many of the errands for them. The day of the dress fitting, you were running across Tokyo (well, Sho was driving you, but still), rushing to pick up the guest name placards from a stationary store. Once picked up, you dashed back across Tokyo, hoping to make it in time. Sho parked right in front of the bridal store, and you hopped out, slightly a mess.
"Miss," he said, and you turned back to look at him. "Don't forget to let yourself breathe." You smiled, exhaling.
"Thanks, I needed that," you said, waving him off and heading towards the entrance. Alisa had rented out the whole store, and you hurried in, seeing Sacha, Asami, and Hina already there.
"Hey, sorry I'm late," you said, checking yourself in a nearby mirror. Your cheeks were flushed red, and your chest rose quickly.
"You're right on time, she's trying on the first dress," Asami said, making way for you.
"About time you showed up," Alisa called from the dressing room, and you chuckled. She exited a few seconds later, wearing a fluffy white dress.
"Ooh, that's nice," Hina commented. Alisa turned, pursuing her lips.
"It is. I'm not sure if it's the one, though."
"If you don't love it, then it's probably not," you said. She nodded, looking at the seamstress. The seamstress grabbed another dress, handing it to her.
"This one is one of a kind, the cut would be very flattering on you," she mentioned as Alisa changed.
"I don't know....," Alisa said as she walked out, wearing the silky dress. Alisa ended up trying what felt like a dozen more, and you began to lose focus. You glanced around the store, your eyes trailing over the racks of dresses, until your eye caught a mannequin near the back of the store, surrounded by cardboard boxes and other naked mannequins.
"What about that dress?" you asked, pointing to it.
"The one on the mannequin? Unfortunately, that dress is a part of our upcoming collection, and is not yet ready for sale," the seamstress said, handing Alisa another dress.
"Oh." Alisa looked over at her, her eyes lingering on the dress.
"Bring it over here, please," she said, and the seamstress frowned.
"Ms. Haiba, I don't-"
"Please?" She asked sweetly, and the seamstress sighed.
"I guess there's no harm in trying it on," she muttered. She carefully handed Alisa the dress, and Alisa ran her hands over the material, smiling. You heard Alisa gasp as she changed, and you grinned.
"Guys...," she said breathily. "This might be the one."
"Show us," you said, and she exited, giving a twirl.
"Wow," the four of you said in unison, and even the seamstress seemed impressed.The dress had a slim cut, accentuating Alisa's long body, and a mesh floral design wrapped around the bust of the dress. The dress was backless, and Alisa turned and posed, showing off her glowing skin.
"This is definitely the one," Asami commented, and you all nodded in agreement. Alisa looked at herself in the mirror, inspecting every angle.
"I love it," she said, her eyes twinkling.
"It is very nice, but like I said, it is not available at the moment," the seamstress mentioned quietly.
"I'll pay double," Alisa said, and you saw the seamstress considering it.
"Even with such a payment, it would be hard-" Alisa glared at her, and the seamstress gulped.
"Of course, Ms. Haiba. It would be an honor to have you wearing one of our new designs."
"Perfect," Alisa said, doing one last twirl. You noticed tears were forming in her eyes, and she giggled, wiping her eyes.
"You're going to make me cry," you said, smiling and feeling tears forming in your own eyes.
"I'm just so happy," Alisa said, sniffling.
"Stop it you guys, I wasn't planning on crying today," Asami added, wiping her own tears.
"Come here, you guys," Alisa said, and the four of you evelopped her in a teddy bear hug.
"You're going to be an amazing bride," you whispered to her.
"One day you will too," she whispered back, and you smiled.

After Alisa had changed out of the dress, it was time to try on the bridesmaid dresses. Alisa wanted the four of you to be wearing baby blue, so the seamstress brought out every blue dress they had in the store.
"Pick any one you like," Alisa said, motioning to the dresses. You eagerly looked through, pushing aside dress after dress. Asami and Hina found dresses they like pretty quickly, and you continued to search, wanting to find the perfect dress.
"Let me help," Alisa said, walking over towards you. "You found my wedding dress, so it's only fair." The two of you looked, even after Sacha had found her dress.
"How about this one?" Alisa asked, pulling a dress off the second rack. You looked over, letting out an audible gasp. She held up a beautiful blue gown, with yellow flowers dotting the top half. The dress was fairylike, with a delicate design that fit perfectly with the theme of the wedding.

"That's beautiful," you said, reaching over

"Go, try them on!" She urged, ushering the four of you towards the changing rooms. You changed out of your clothes, carefully pulling the dress over your body. You adjusted the dress, pulling the straps gently over your shoulders, admiring yourself in the mirror. You ran your finger over the stitched flowers, sighing happily.

Unfortunately, as you walked out of the changing room and out into the showroom, your happiness dissipated. You stopped walking, your eyes landing on a group of men sitting by the couches, Lev and Haru among them.
"What's wrong?" Hina asked, bumping into you. Her eyes followed your gaze, and she grinned.
"Boys, over here!" she said, waving. They looked up, their expressions changing into looks of awe. Lev's eyes were glued to you, and you stared back, pulling your mouth into a straight line. He glanced down, looking at the dress, and his eyes sparkled with intrigue.
"The guys were done with their tailoring session early, so they thought they could come over to see the dresses you picked," Alisa explained. You glanced at the other guys, and noticed the guy across from Lev staring directly at you. As your eyes met, he flashed you a charming smile. He winked at you, and you looked away, embarrassed.
"So, what do you think?" Asami asked, posing.
"I think you look lovely," the guy said, keeping his eyes on you.
"That's a nice dress, y/n," Lev said, and you shifted your attention back to Lev.
"Y/n...," the man across from Lev said, looking at you with intrigue. He stood up, walking towards you. Lev stood up too, but he kept his distance, watching you.
"You're Alisa's maid of honor, right?" He extended his hand, and you shook it, nodding. He held a tight grip, and you had to pry your hand away.
"I'm Takuya, one of the grooms." He looked at you expectedly, and seemed surprised at your reaction.
"Nice to meet you," you said politely.
"You know, Takuya Mitsuba? I'm a model, you've probably seen my work before," he said, but you drew a blank. "Underwear model," he added slyly.
"Sorry, the name doesn't ring a bell," you replied, embarrassed. He looked annoyed, but he masked it with yet another smile.
"You're even more beautiful than I would have imagined," he said smoothly.
"Stop flirting with my maid of honor, Mitsuba," Alisa interjected, marching over and pushing him away.
"I was just being friendly," he said, rolling his eyes.
"Go and get changed," Alisa said to you and the other girls, as she slapped Takuya on the back of the head. He winked at you, and you looked away, flustered.
Once changed you headed out, and Takuya immediately made a beeline towards you.
"Let me introduce you to the rest of the guys," he said cooly, motioning to the other grooms. Of course, they were all models, and you greeted them, a little overwhelmed. Everyone else, besides Sacha, was a model, and you felt out of place. Lev had his hands shoved in his pockets, and he was eyeing Takuya.
"How about we all go out and get some drinks?" Takuya offered.
"Sure, I could use a break from all the planning," Alisa said.
"I can't," you replied. "I have an appointment at the ice sculptor's in-," you checked your phone, "- 20 minutes, so I should get going." Alisa pouted, and even Takuya looked disappointed.
"Don't overwork yourself," Alisa said. "You should come."
"It's fine," you replied, waving your hand. "I can't cancel so late, anyways."
"Do you have a ride?" Takuya asked.
"I'll drive her," Lev interjected quickly, and you looked at him, surprised.
"Are you sure? My car's parked right in front of the store," Takuya said. "It's the Ferrari," he added proudly, pointing out the store window.
"Right... I think I'm good going with Lev, but thanks for the offer."
"You sure you two want to miss out on drinks?" Takuya asked.
"We're not big drinkers, anyways," Lev said, reaching over and pulling you towards the door.
"Let's go, y/n."